• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milehighcomics
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Milehighcomics

rantrant

Out of 30 comic books ordered from them as NM only 1 was NM , 2 NM-, 9 VF/NM, 11 VF, 6 Fine Condition and 1 VG.

This is not good its very very bad.

Also saying Out of STock on items and then i still see them on sale on the website is quite odd.

14 minutes ago, siro123 said:

Milehighcomics

rantrant

Out of 30 comic books ordered from them as NM only 1 was NM , 2 NM-, 9 VF/NM, 11 VF, 6 Fine Condition and 1 VG.

Also saying Out of STock on items and then i still see them on sale on the website is quite odd.

What are the ages of each book?

18 minutes ago, siro123 said:

Milehighcomics

rantrant

Was that based on CGC grades or your own grading of the books?

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Was that based on CGC grades or your own grading of the books?

Thats just Mile High.  I seriously don't know how their eBay feedback is as high as it is considering the number of people who have had problems with them.  Everything from severe over grading, bad packaging, wrong books in order, lost books, never shipping the order.  You name it, they've done it.  Obviously they're doing something right because they've lasted a long time and made it through the difficult periods but its certainly not due to their online services.  They listed an Action Comics 242 on ebay as a VG+ which I was interested in so I asked for actual scans of the book.  They sent pics of a book in complete tatters.  It was nowhere close to VG+.  I asked them how they came to this grade and they responded by saying the original book had been sold so they chose this copy in its stead.  That experience coupled with their ebay feedback and boardie experiences I would never purchase a book from them.

54 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Thats just Mile High.  I seriously don't know how their eBay feedback is as high as it is considering the number of people who have had problems with them.  Everything from severe over grading, bad packaging, wrong books in order, lost books, never shipping the order.  You name it, they've done it.  Obviously they're doing something right because they've lasted a long time and made it through the difficult periods but its certainly not due to their online services.  They listed an Action Comics 242 on ebay as a VG+ which I was interested in so I asked for actual scans of the book.  They sent pics of a book in complete tatters.  It was nowhere close to VG+.  I asked them how they came to this grade and they responded by saying the original book had been sold so they chose this copy in its stead.  That experience coupled with their ebay feedback and boardie experiences I would never purchase a book from them.

What the actual frack? That's disgusting.

Never was interested to do business after visiting their site and browsing through the dreamland prices but that just put the icing on the cake for me. 

Atrocious. 

2 hours ago, siro123 said:

Milehighcomics

rantrant

WTTB!

I'm starting to wonder if they are a front for a money laundering operation. It's clear they don't want to sell books. hm

I visited their main store a few years ago and you could have heard crickets chirping.

I also asked the guy working the desk where they kept their E.C.s and he gave me a blank stare like he didn't know what I was talking about.

Edited by newshane

3 hours ago, siro123 said:

Milehighcomics

rantrant

A simple Google search would've prevented this. There's 20 years of posts just like yours out there.

21 minutes ago, newshane said:

I visited their main store a few years ago and you could have heard crickets chirping.

Ah, interesting. hm

That explains why insect damage is permissible in Mile High's grading criteria for their NM comics.

Curious what will happen to his place, more particularly his business model, once Chuck passes on (face it, we are all on this temporary journey).   If he is leaving this to family members, do you think they will just liquidate it and get out, or try to keep it going.   Perhaps they know he has a hoarding problem, and don't want to address the elephant in the room when he is around.   Personally, his asking prices are a laugh,  their grading is sketchy at best, and they are not the only game in town. 

2 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Curious what will happen to his place, more particularly his business model, once Chuck passes on (face it, we are all on this temporary journey).   If he is leaving this to family members, do you think they will just liquidate it and get out, or try to keep it going.   Perhaps they know he has a hoarding problem, and don't want to address the elephant in the room when he is around.   Personally, his asking prices are a laugh,  their grading is sketchy at best, and they are not the only game in town. 

Yeah, I'd loosen the bolts on the remaining skylights and let the next heavy rain set me on the path to freedom.

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:
5 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Yeah, I'd loosen the bolts on the remaining skylights and let the next heavy rain set me on the path to freedom.

:signfunny:

12 hours ago, comicquant said:

I have always wondered about mile high and never knew it was that bad.

Thanks for the info. Probably better to just avoid them all together.

14 hours ago, siro123 said:

Milehighcomics

rantrant

Sounds quite typical.  Several years ago someone here did a test order that returned a similar result.

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Mileshigh is really bad but my LCS could give Chuck a run for his money as far as unrealistic prices go.....

Sometimes you can find reasonable prices on books but most of the time they are 3 to 4 times over priced.

Its out of MCS control as consignors set their own prices.

The one good thing going for them is strict grading.

On 6/2/2017 at 0:42 PM, bababooey said:

For comparison I bought SA Amazing Spider-Man 5 and 6 from MCS's inventory, both were graded 4.0 and both came back a grade higher than the MCS grade when CGC'd on-site in Buffalo. B|

I've found MCS's grading to be really tight and good. The last couple of years especially. 

On 6/2/2017 at 7:36 AM, siro123 said:

Milehighcomics

rantrant

Yeah!  Another Mile high thread.:banana: