• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milehighcomics
1 1

32 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah!  Another Mile high thread.:banana:

True.  But alas "America's Largest & Friendliest Comics Retailer", is also "America's Most Over-Graded", (along with "America's Most Antiquated Web Page").  They bring it on themselves.

52 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

True.  But alas "America's Largest & Friendliest Comics Retailer", is also "America's Most Over-Graded", (along with "America's Most Antiquated Web Page").  They bring it on themselves.

These Milehigh comicsthreads are some of my favorites on the boards...all of them

MILESHIGHERPRICESTHANANYONE.COM

I bought from them once when their usual 30% discount brought prices on some books closer to market.

shipping took a month and no books were bagged nor boarded. They might have been NM when they were shipped.

Edited by Poka
Spelling

I live in Ireland but have seen his vast  warehouse of stock, how much of his inventory is valuable and what if he did liquidate them unto the open market what would happen then?  I tend to agree about the accident theory. Lately I've noticed on these boards that "DREK" is nearly worthless and people are finding it harder to sell it for the amounts spent originally making them a loss. What was the bronze age price, 50 cents or so well maybe you could make a profit if you bought them new at the time but imagine modern issues you would have no chance, maybe that's why the companies are having falling sales. 

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

I live in Ireland but have seen his vast  warehouse of stock, how much of his inventory is valuable and what if he did liquidate them unto the open market what would happen then?  I tend to agree about the accident theory. Lately I've noticed on these boards that "DREK" is nearly worthless and people are finding it harder to sell it for the amounts spent originally making them a loss. What was the bronze age price, 50 cents or so well maybe you could make a profit if you bought them new at the time but imagine modern issues you would have no chance, maybe that's why the companies are having falling sales. 

Yep there are a few threads about people having multiple long boxes of drek that can't even be given away

Donating or giving away drek is not a big deal.  I've given away a short box every Halloween, a few long boxes to kids at my last big Con I set up at or just leaving it beside the road during trash pick up day with a free sign on it.  Getting someone to pay shipping for drek is not easy so I can see where people think they can't give it away.

Seems to me Chuck's whole business model is to make up for the loss with volume.  Let's face it he made oodles of dough by lowballing the Church collection and flipping it into millions of most likely drek books, pottery, feeding the poor and cross dressing.  I remember fondly perusing Mile High's for sale ads in bronze Marvels.  Think he was selling Hulk 181's for $20 back then.  He's an interesting guy that always seems able to make payroll and that's saying something.