• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw Sensation 1 on the bay... real?

15 posts in this topic

Raw Sensation 1 on the bay... real?

Sort of an odd listing... just 1 photo... zero feedback seller... 

several bids though (could be shill?)

can anyone tell from the photo if it's a reprint?

3 minutes ago, Action252Kid said:

Just eyeballing it, it looks like the wrong size.  And no "!" after "Wonder Woman", which I believe differentiates the Famous First Edition (which is what this probably is) and the original.

I figured ... the bids threw me off though.

thank you :-)

42 minutes ago, Action252Kid said:

Just eyeballing it, it looks like the wrong size.  And no "!" after "Wonder Woman", which I believe differentiates the Famous First Edition (which is what this probably is) and the original.

I sent his info to the seller earlier his morning 

the "!" Is fc tell tale. 

Always seems legit when a zero feedback seller isn't consistent with  where they found something. In an old friend's garage or his mother-in-law's garage? 

They responded back to me thank you for the information it was a reprint, but I'm not sure if they've adjusted the description or not 

On 6/5/2017 at 6:57 AM, G.A.tor said:

I sent his info to the seller earlier his morning 

the "!" Is fc tell tale. 

Also the Daisy Manufacturing address banner is missing from the bottom of the back cover. 

12 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Also the Daisy Manufacturing address banner is missing from the bottom of the back cover. 

Correct. The fc tell tale is the "!" And the bc you got

3 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Correct. The fc tell tale is the "!" And the bc you got

I only brought it up because theoretically the exclamation point could have fully faded as it has no outline. The other reds still show a little orange, so highly unlikely.  I reported it to ebay, because it doesn't look like a mistake out of ignorance. 

Edited by rjpb

5 hours ago, rjpb said:

I only brought it up because theoretically the exclamation point could have fully faded as it has no outline. The other reds still show a little orange, so highly unlikely.  I reported it to ebay, because it doesn't look like a mistake out of ignorance. 

Correct. Virtually no chance it would completely fade away. Easy to spot as a ffe 

11 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Correct. Virtually no chance it would completely fade away. Easy to spot as a ffe 

In seller's defense he has added comment "I'm being told this is a reprint from 1971."  Hasn't stopped bidders from running up to $3K+.  Feeling kinda bad for all parties.

The last pic he has is my crappy old 3.0 universal copy. Not sure why he has it or where he got it. I know Metropolis had it once but kept in the holder. I didn't see where he mentioned reprint lately.  Must have missed it. 

21 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

The last pic he has is my crappy old 3.0 universal copy. Not sure why he has it or where he got it. I know Metropolis had it once but kept in the holder. I didn't see where he mentioned reprint lately.  Must have missed it. 

Just above Q&A.  I think he recently added pics out of the frame and added new comments

Edited by path4play