• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk #1 Craig's List Alert
2 2

38 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:

I don't get it.

Other than a stupid price what is he doing wrong? Is it fake, counterfeit, a cracked purple?

Maybe we need an "over my head" emoticon.

It's a complete scam by the Craigslist "seller".  The real book on eBay is being listed by a reputable seller at a price in line with what you'd expect.  The fake listing on CS is being done by someone hoping to lure someone in with a too-good-to-be-true price and then find a way to scam them out of the money for a book they don't even own.

Most people here wouldn't fall for this, but it's always good to have these pointed out -- if it saves one person from being taken, that's a positive.  Why authorities don't take instances of people who try this -- whether or CS or eBay or wherever -- more seriously (it's clearly attempt at fraud, at a dollar amounts like this, I would guess it's a felony, but I don't know the specifics of the law), I'll never understand.  Sure, it's resource time that police need to do in order to follow up and nail people who try this, but an attempted crime is still an attempted crime.

I mean, all 4 corners are busted-how could someone not notice?

18 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

This scam is popping up more and more often.  

g7to54t3ch7z.jpg

>:( Sooooo not right, how can a ebay seller get away with this deceit? ???

On ebay one sold at $2,424 cgc 9.6 and the one showing $4500 cgc 9.8 with a best offer is from that seller mentioned.  No clue why it is valuable, maybe just another silly rare variant like the dell'otto ASM 667.  That one is #678.

Edited by 90sChild

3 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

On ebay one sold at $2,424 cgc 9.6 and the one showing $4500 cgc 9.8 with a best offer is from that seller mentioned.  No clue why it is valuable, maybe just another silly rare variant like the dell'otto ASM 667.

90s foil style BUBBLE.  In 10 years these books will sit in a dollar box.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I mean, all 4 corners are busted-how could someone not notice?

I have a fellow boardie that I run my questionable high-dollar purchases through before I do anything stupid.  He is always a voice of reason in my sea of "I WANT IT NOWW!!!!!!" 

As of this morning, the Hulk ad is still up.  I thought if 2 people hump the prohibited button, the ad gets taken down? Please hit my link in my 2nd post from the top and hit the prohibited button please, so we can take this clown down.