• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEAT but COMPLETE!! Let's see those much loved 1.0s-2.0
5 5

225 posts in this topic

Here's another for me (thanks @gino2paulus2 for giving me the heads up last Spring ). Wanted a copy for the longest, and this just beamed 4.0 to me. Front presents well, no notes in the heading (but the back is what brings the grade down -ouch!). Still over the Moon with it. Locked up in the 'permanent' pile. 

Blue Ribbon Comics #9.jpg

BRC#9 (bc).jpg

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Here's another for me (thanks @gino2paulus2 for giving me the heads up last Spring ). Wanted a copy for the longest, and this just beamed 4.0 to me. Front presents well, no notes in the heading (but the back is what brings the grade down -ouch!). Still over the Moon with it. Locked up in the 'permanent' pile. 

BRC#9 (bc).jpg

Yeah, the sizable piece out of the back cover lead to the 2.0 - the type of flaw I'll take every day for a copy with that sort of front cover eye-appeal. Love it!

8 hours ago, sagii said:

BRC#9 (bc).jpg

5 hours ago, rjpb said:

Yeah, the sizable piece out of the back cover lead to the 2.0 - the type of flaw I'll take every day for a copy with that sort of front cover eye-appeal. Love it!

Couldn't agree more!!!! So happy you got that you brought this one home bro!!!!!!!! A Classic MLJ that IMO is way underrated too

On 6/25/2017 at 5:16 PM, tricolorbrian said:

I don't even know when or where I got this thing...but I know I didn't pay anything for it...LOL

32135362244_bcc2d886a9_c.jpg

You know the cash register they have near the door?  You're supposed to stop there before leaving the store. :taptaptap:

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You know the cash register they have near the door?  You're supposed to stop there before leaving the store. :taptaptap:

More than once as a kid I'd be flipping through a comic at the comic rack near the door while my Mom was shopping at the drug store, and then walk out behind her reading a comic before realizing that it wasn't actually mine, and running back into the store to put it back on the rack. 

20 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Nice books, everyone...kudos to Gino for starting a fun thread:)

I have to apologize, some of my books came back too high for here. Next time I will beat them up a little more carefully;) 

I think I snuck in a few 2.5 the other day...but here are some Foxes.

A few of these were posted by others, but I think I have at least one that is new to the thread.

5957f768b1bfe_wonderworld9cgc001.thumb.jpg.bdd6f18691b3835d72070e0324fc12b1.jpg

5957f76f4d4bd_wonderworld10cgc001.thumb.jpg.d1c03a239d6e0e857d88393101fbb4f0.jpg

5957f7779fe92_wonderworld12cgc001.thumb.jpg.6732af9f795df3c11a682f9458d14734.jpg

5957f787efc2d_wonderworld13cgc001.thumb.jpg.e98173f1b5752ebc41c07519de86a331.jpg

Great group!

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Obscure one, but one of the very toughest Baker romance covers.

550bc6f1-9952-4ab9-bf9b-f846a3d3177c_zps

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Fresh from the Berk auction.  

pow2.40a_zpsweumir16.jpg

It drives me NUTS when you guys post those dandy little books like that Teenage Diary Secrets because it makes me want to collect them I am serious!! Come on fellas I don't need a longer list!! Congrats on the BERK book T that is AWESOME!!!! 

57 minutes ago, comicjack said:
10 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Obscure one, but one of the very toughest Baker romance covers.

550bc6f1-9952-4ab9-bf9b-f846a3d3177c_zps

Unique for sure 

Very true! lol