• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEAT but COMPLETE!! Let's see those much loved 1.0s-2.0
5 5

225 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2017 at 10:15 PM, Sqeggs said:

This book was mentioned in another thread, which reminded me that I had a copy.  First Christmas cover.

RADC0CDD201641_115925_zpseyedzuqy.jpg

19 freakin 34 man!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! gettin a 1.5 that looks like that makes me feel like i'm flying as well!! 

15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Interesting. I wonder if CGC doesn't consider this one a comic book? hm

They may have just overlooked it. They have slabbed two copies of the Wanamaker variant, but none of the Golden Eagle Toy World version...It's a rare variant of Funnies on Parade, called by many the "first comic book."

I just hate to see incorrect info get out there. It gets quoted and repeated all over the net. For example, trying to find out whether Harvey's Strange Story comic was ever actually published, there were numerous sources that all quoted the same incorrect Overstreet listing.

OK this is actually pushing the bounds of the thread but I wanted to post it somewhere! This is a great exampl of not every book needs to be professionally graded. This is a book missing its front cover, back cover still attached that I married to an authentic cover that someone at sometime had cut off, matted, framed, and displayed. Professionally graded this is a qualified (because of the married cover) 0.5(because of complete spine split). But it really is a good looking book and the epitome of "presents well in Mylar". I know it is the best qualified 0.5 in my collection. Adventure Comics 67.

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

12 hours ago, ender said:

OK this is actually pushing the bounds of the thread but I wanted to post it somewhere! This is a great exampl of not every book needs to be professionally graded. This is a book missing its front cover, back cover still attached that I married to an authentic cover that someone at sometime had cut off, matted, framed, and displayed. Professionally graded this is a qualified (because of the married cover) 0.5(because of complete spine split). But it really is a good looking book and the epitome of "presents well in Mylar". I know it is the best qualified 0.5 in my collection. Adventure Comics 67.

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

I dig it!!!!! 

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here's a sad beater. Probably under 1.0 but I got it from a non collector friend who found it on the top of a trash can!

comamazingman5.jpg

Awesome book! Condition preference in our hobby is understandable; condition snobbery versus the rescue of a book such as this is inexcusable!  (thumbsu