• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Selling Comics

6 posts in this topic

I have a large collection, Due to some Health Issues with My father I'm looking to sell some comics for the first time.

I wanting to sell some of my Duplicates....I Have doubles and Triples of of a lot of The Marvel Big 7...

my question is, If I were to list/Sell The Incredible Hulk #100 Through 350, The Avengers #100 Through 350, Daredevil #100 Through 350, Invincible Iron Man #100 Through 350, Fantastic Four #100 Through 350, and Amazing Spider-Man #100 Through 350....what would be a good asking price....Also All Key Issues would be pulled(example I would pull Amazing Spider-Man 121,122,129,135,136,194 and so on ...) Basically you'd be buying Near complete Run Of The Big 7 starting at 100 but The Key Issues would be pulled.

I realize This probably isn't the right section to post this in, But I posted In The "Selling Comics" section not to long along and got very little activity so I'm posting here.

IMO The Average grades of These Comics From 100 to 150 are 5.0 To 6.0

From 150 to 350 the average Grades are 7.0 to 8.0+

thank you for anyone who replies

Edited by billbrown7080

57 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

I have a large collection, Due to some Health Issues with My father I'm looking to sell some comics for the first time.

I wanting to sell some of my Duplicates....I Have doubles and Triples of of a lot of The Marvel Big 7...

my question is, If I were to list/Sell The Incredible Hulk #100 Through 350, The Avengers #100 Through 350, Daredevil #100 Through 350, Invincible Iron Man #100 Through 350, Fantastic Four #100 Through 350, and Amazing Spider-Man #100 Through 350....what would be a good asking price....Also All Key Issues would be pulled(example I would pull Amazing Spider-Man 121,122,129,135,136,194 and so on ...) Basically you'd be buying Near complete Run Of The Big 7 starting at 100 but The Key Issues would be pulled.

I realize This probably isn't the right section to post this in, But I posted In The "Selling Comics" section not to long along and got very little activity so I'm posting here.

It depends on how quickly you want to sell and how much time/effort you want to put in. If you're going the eBay route I would sell by title instead of all together. Get some idea what the books are selling for on eBay in the condition you have them in. You can either get a total of what they are worth and then take off a percentage (maybe 20-30%) to come up with a Buy It Now price. Or you can decide what the minimum you would take for a given title and just list them as an auction and see where they go. If you do sell on eBay, make sure you have good, clear pictures of the books, with some close-ups of a few select issues to give the buyer an idea of the shape they are in. Good Luck.

Mid grade books won't sell well for a huge lot. People are looking for deals. And with no keys, there won't be a rush to grab these up. My guess is you'd probably get 30-40% guide at  most, but I'm betting 20-25%. Mid-grade silver-copper Marvel is plentiful in supply and you can usually get them for 1/2 price or less at any show for non-keys.

6 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

There are other keys in the Amazing Spider-man run like #100.  Once you peel those away you'll probably get $1 or $2 a book as a lot.  Other runs less.

Edited by thehumantorch

The fastest ways to sell will net you the least amount of money. But will take the least amount of your time. 

The slowest ways to sell will get you the most money. But will take up MUCH<MUCH more of your time. 

So first decide what your time is worth to you. 

Listing each and every book on eBay over a period of months will get you the most $$. It's also very time consuming. All the time spent taking pictures, loading up listings. Then time spent packaging sales, shipping books. Then time talking to people not happy with the books (it happens) and dealing with returns.  As a practical matter - unless you are unemployed - listing 50-60 books a week will be your limit. 

Simplest is to take the books to a comic book store or two and ask for offers. A lot less money no doubt. But almost zero time spent. 

In between is listing books in lots - 10-20 books in each lot. 

Unless you already sell on eBay and have decent feedback, I would strongly suggest that if you go the eBay lot that you list cheap stuff first. Save your better books until you have some positive feedback from buyers.  You don't want your key books to sell cheap because you have have 0-10 feedback.