• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED

33 posts in this topic

Just now, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Scratch that- not KULL Mag. And that Marvel art stock came later- maybe it is unpublished? 

Yeah, maybe unpublished.  Though, I would think pre-1983 due to the costume, unless you're telling me that this type of Marvel art board didn't exist then.  

10 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Check one of the 3 issues of KULL AND THE BARBARIANS magazine. The blue line stock indicates it's for a B&W Magazine, but this looks mid 80s to me.

Nope, I check the 3 books. is not there...

4 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

So, they ditched the chainmail circa 1983 and, if she's still in her non-chainmail outfit in the early '90s (as per Magnus), I think this suggests that the page is pre-1983.  

Chaykin drew the Sonja stories in Kull and the Barbarians.

Yup, that's confusing because I have a page I thought was SSOC 78, but it's in one of the KULL Mags too:

SSOC78pg34.jpg

BTW...

I Love the challenge and the research;
But I have to ask,

are you a collector or a dealer?

if this page is for your personal collection I would love to find where it come from,
but if its business... well...

GLWTS..!

:shy:

1 minute ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Yup, that's confusing because I have a page I thought was SSOC 78, but it's in one of the KULL Mags too:

That's a sweet page! :applause: 

I used to own a page that said at the top was from Red Sonja #15, but, was actually published in SSOC #45. 

44 minutes ago, Comic Art Factory said:

SSOC 192, 194 and 195 were inked by Ernie Chan, so the only possibility remaining is SSOC 190 but the pages I saw online don't match the style here at all.

So It could be unpublished.

I used to own RS pages from both 194 and 195 and your page is not from those issues. They both looked like they were all DeZungia too (lots of zip-a-tone).

8 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

SSOC78pg34.jpg

great page!

1 hour ago, MagnusX said:

BTW...

I Love the challenge and the research;
But I have to ask,

are you a collector or a dealer?

if this page is for your personal collection I would love to find where it come from,
but if its business... well...

GLWTS..!

:shy:

Hi,

I'm a collector and a dealer. 

This page is in a friend's collection, and I was not the previous owner.  

Personnally, I love Conan pages when John Buscema inked himself. 

Edited by Comic Art Factory

Thanks to all of you for your help. Unpublished it is then. 

And by the way, if you ever need info on european art, french auction houses (and their shipping habits), or question on a trip to France or Belgium, feel free to write me.

Edited by Comic Art Factory