• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics #1 page sold for $75,000.

56 posts in this topic

That's really low considering the historical significance. Didn't Parrino want like 250k for it on his site?

I'm not sure. I haven't looked at Jay's site in probably a year.

As an interesting aside, the Barks "Flying Dutchman" painting did not sell. Bidding stalled at $66,000, well below the low estimate. frown.gif

Really? That surprises me. Are you at liberty to indicate which auction houses, or at least what was the explanation provided to you?

Wish I could say it was me who bought this particular OA but I showed the picture to my wife and she wasn't impressed enough to consent. frown.gif893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gifflamed.gifscrewy.gif

Really? That surprises me. Are you at liberty to indicate which auction houses, or at least what was the explanation provided to you?

Wish I could say it was me who bought this particular OA but I showed the picture to my wife and she wasn't impressed enough to consent. frown.gif893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gifflamed.gifscrewy.gif

The scan didn't impress me, either. Most scans and even photo-copies won't do justice to to an original. Having seen the page in person, I thought it was beautiful.