• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction original arrt sales

17 posts in this topic

Anybody watching the auction live? Some interesting sales in this auction. A TON of nice art!

The Captain American 102 cover went for $32K, that's lower than I thought it would go for!

The FF 12 splash went for $15,500

And I think both of those are without the buyers premium, so tack on another 15%!

Yes, I've been watching. Looks like I won one piece (the Iron Man #14 cover) but (alas!) my own consignments didn't sell. Boo hoo - money spent but nothing coming in!

grin.gif

Dan

Anybody watching the auction live? Some interesting sales in this auction. A TON of nice art!

The Captain American 102 cover went for $32K, that's lower than I thought it would go for!

And I think both of those are without the buyers premium, so tack on another 15%!

Yeah, did you see the FF#3 page didn't sell? That was surprising. Did you hear about the piece you were looking at yet Steve?

A case of too much in this auction at once to be absorbed by the market perhaps?

So when you tack on another 15% for the BP, and in my opinion that's the real final sale price because that is how much the buyer has to pay, are the prices still below where you thought they'd be?

So when you tack on another 15% for the BP, and in my opinion that's the real final sale price because that is how much the buyer has to pay, are the prices still below where you thought they'd be?

Well, that Cap cover is spectacular. $40,000 seems like a lot, but in my opinion the Cap cover run by Kirby is among his best covers. Glen Gold has the cover to 108 and has commented on how Jack's covers were a bit hit and miss on other titles, but look at Cap 100 through 109. Absolutely phenomenal!

I think the FF 12 splash is probably right on.

A case of too much in this auction at once to be absorbed by the market perhaps?

Perhaps. I mean, $5,000 for the GRUTO splash seems like a steal to me!

Yes, I've been watching. Looks like I won one piece (the Iron Man #14 cover) but (alas!) my own consignments didn't sell. Boo hoo - money spent but nothing coming in!

grin.gif

Dan

Nice pickup on the Iron Man 14 cover!

What did you have consigned (besides the Day with the FF splash?)

The FF #11 splash and the FF #293 last page splash (Byrne's homage to the FF). Didn't think I was nutso on the reserves, but maybe so. PM me if interested!

Dan

If an item sold in the room (in NYC), you have to add 15% and another 8.25% for sales tax! Together, they make the final bid very misleading in terms of what the "real" sale price is. Take, for example, the Cap 102 cover. Or the Byrne X-Men 113 cover. You've got to add about 6-7K to the final bid price of each.

If an item sold in the room (in NYC), you have to add 15% and another 8.25% for sales tax!

The sales tax is only for residents of Texas, California (states where Heritage has a presence) or the state in which in the auction is being held. You and me would have to pay tax, but a North Carolina resident having a piece shipped to NC would not. If he took possession of the piece in New York, he would be liable, but I don't think anyone would want a piece so badly as to be willing to pay 4 figures of sales tax just so he could pick up the piece in person on-site. Also, a dealer with a valid vendor resale number would not have to pay tax either. I bet Albert Moy, for example, has such a number and won't have to pay tax on that X-Men #113 cover.

The sales tax is only for residents of Texas, California (states where Heritage has a presence) or the state in which in the auction is being held.

Where does Heritage have a presence in California?

If I recall correctly, this piece was in Ayers' possession... at least it was when I visited his house a few years ago.

He had an entire hallway of mindboggling silver age splashes and covers hail.gif... all hanging in $5 K-Mart frames... 893whatthe.gif

The sales tax is only for residents of Texas, California (states where Heritage has a presence) or the state in which in the auction is being held.

Where does Heritage have a presence in California?

I dunno...here's what their website says:

Do I have to pay sales tax?

Heritage Galleries & Auctioneers charges sales tax on all invoices under $1,000 shipped to a Texas address. Our auction companies charge sales tax on all invoices under $1,000 shipped to residents of Texas, California, or the state in which an on-site auction is held. Tax in California is required on all our auctions because we have a business presence there. The $1,000 limit is based on government regulations.

It may be that they previously had a presence is California, but no longer do, and neglected to update their site. That's just a guess, but looking at my invoice for last week's auction, they didn't charge me sales tax.