• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most remote place you have bought from or sold an item to a buyer

38 posts in this topic

Mine is a small island off the Phillippines. I had never heard of it so I had to look it up the buyer told there is less then 100 people on the island. From memory I think it was fairly close to the Casulian island. I also had a buyer in Greece years ago who used to buy 50 to 100 comics off me at a time.

Cant wait to hear some other stories. I used to keep a map of locations, but after the years I just stop updating it. 

I do remember making sure I covered up the Spider-man comics well  I shipped to Saudi Arabi.

Anyone who has bought from me is buying from a pretty remote place.

Have shipped to England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium.  Oh..., and Canada.  Bought from Germany, England and various places in Idaho-ho and Nevaduh.

Edited by lizards2
spelling - tori

Hawaii to England.

Bought a couple of slabs, including an X-Men 94.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I live in USA and connected with a guy in Venezuela to get some newsstand issues I was missing.    Had to use google translator so he could understand me.  I connected thru the Latin American website "Mercado Libre" which is interesting in itself.   Using Mercado Libre as a way to advertise goods, people usually only trade locally and in person.

I've bought from Phillipines and I think Japan. I've tried early on when I came back to collecting to buy from the "Russian Federation" and "China" when they posted those key's for extra cheap lol to no avail, lucky ebay is cool and refunded my money :) 

I haven't really sold anything.

I eBayed 6 autographed magician signatures in a photo scrapbook to Singapore. Sold a coverless Marvel Comics #1 and Byrne X-men to Italy. 1978 Battlestar Galactica non-comic paper collectibles eBayed to London, UK. Bourne Hogarth Tarzan Sunday original art sold to Paris, France. Due to oversize, that Sunday art :cloud9: sheet was a pain to pack and ship Fed Ex. :idea:

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

I posted to some guy named Uatu It was a small island on the Moon

That guy's such a narcissist.  Always going on about his 9.8 run of What If? slabs.

Fun topic!  I don't sell as much as I used to.  But I used to ship to Ireland a few times a year when I sold more frequently.  I recall selling to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Italy as an ebay seller.  I have traded comics with a friend in England.  I probably sold to someone in Canada too.

I don't list my eBay sales outside of Europe, Australia and the Americas but someone from South Africa hit me up on Instagram.

I sold some nice bronze age ASM to a suburb of Johannesburg, South Africa. No tracking after it left the U.S. and took about 8 weeks to arrive. I've also sent a few packages to Sao Paulo. At least they track packages in Brazil.

Edited by FN-2199

8 hours ago, nocutename said:

Fun topic!  I don't sell as much as I used to.  But I used to ship to Ireland a few times a year when I sold more frequently.  I recall selling to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Italy as an ebay seller.  I have traded comics with a friend in England.  I probably sold to someone in Canada too.

I had a buyer in Ireland who would buy from me routinely on the Coral years ago. Always wondered what happened to him. I tried to talk him into coming here. 

Fun story years ago I sold some comics to a guy in Hawaii. We hit it off from emails and I asked him to find me some See Suckers in Hawaii for a co-worker who grew up in Hawaii and misses them. (This was 10 years ago.) He not only shipped the suckers to me, but shipped each one of us a Hawaiian pineapple. My postal clerk had a fit.  I honestly didn't believe him when he told me he shipped, but I paid him none the less for them.  They were the best tasting pineapples I have ever had. My co-workers in the parking lot couldn't believe I carried in 8 pineapples. True story such a great memory.

Edited by fastballspecial

9 hours ago, nocutename said:

Canadians are so easy-going that they are totally forgettable.  Except for greggy.  And they take abuse real well.  Except for greggy.  I've shipped stuff to Canada somewhere between two to 200+ times.  Or more.  But two times to greggy..., for sure. :cool:

Just now, lizards2 said:

Canadians are so easy-going that they are totally forgettable.  Except for greggy.  And they take abuse real well.  Except for greggy.  I've shipped stuff to Canada somewhere between two to 200+ times.  Or more.  But two times to greggy..., for sure. :cool:

trollop. ¬¬

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

trollop. ¬¬

banana052.gif  Get back in your cage.