• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP: Joan Lee
2 2

46 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, seredynskib said:

About 5 years ago I asked Stan Lee how he has so much energy at his age his answer was: "My wife, she keeps me going."

RIP Joan.

Can't blame him or be surprised if he cancelled the rest of the shows for the year now or calls it quits shortly after this.  I realize she was a huge motivating factor for him but you know he also does it for the fans and the kids and will probably not want to stop doing shows.  But, it may be even harder on him having thousands of fans offering their condolences at shows as a constant reminder of his loss.  I fear that without those 2 key motivations in his life, he won't be around for much longer either.  I'm infinitely grateful for getting the opportunity for me and my son to meet him last month at Awesome con and get his autograph. 

Rest In Peace Mrs. Lee and thank you for your contributions.

I think his next show is SDCC, which is about 3 weeks away. I agree he should do as he and his family feels is best. That is a big show and may be sensory overload. Continued Prayer's for him and family :) 

15 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I hate to be the one to say this ,but.

Whenever a spouse loses a lifelong partner, it's usually not long after the spouse passes away .

I have heard it called many things, loneliness,dying of a broken heart, nothing to live for etc.etc.

Yup. That concerns me, as well.

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think his next show is SDCC, which is about 3 weeks away. I agree he should do as he and his family feels is best. That is a big show and may be sensory overload. Continued Prayer's for him and family :) 

And the fact literally everyone will be bringing up his wife and how sorry they are making it a constant reminder for him... gonna be tough for sure.

So far on social media, he's thanked other's for the condolences and prayers :) I'm sure he's got people near him to talk to, but everyone grieves in their own way :$