• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Bye Photobucket
3 3

26 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, vaillant said:

A paid subscription is worth it. Does not cost much and gives you unlimited storage.

I have 3,500 pics. Most are just from uploading on here. Still free and haven't revived any messages about upgrading.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I have 3,500 pics. Most are just from uploading on here. Still free and haven't revived any messages about upgrading.

It’s about accessibility of the pictures. Right now I don’t recall, but with the paid subscription you are sure they will never be deleted. :)

12 minutes ago, vaillant said:

It’s about accessibility of the pictures. Right now I don’t recall, but with the paid subscription you are sure they will never be deleted. :)

It's gotta be a really good meme to stand the test of time and still be relevant.

xD

On 29/7/2017 at 0:24 AM, ygogolak said:

It's gotta be a really good meme to stand the test of time and still be relevant.

xD

Although imgur was intended for this kind of things, I usually use it only for archiving pictures of books and items from my collection, or related to comics.
Or pictures I need to share on forums and message boards.
For the other purposes, including pictures and personal photos, I use Flickr, which uploads images in full resolution, without any recompression, and generates various smaller sizes. But Flickr is less handy for sharing quickly pictures as we need to do here. :)

I used photo bucket for years but in the last few it has been going downhill.

Between the annoying downtimes and weird loading issues I completely abandoned it about a year ago.

When sites like imgur are free and work most of the time there is no point in dealing with PB anymore.