• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Pocket Purchase"

8 posts in this topic

A first for me today, and wondering if it's happened to anyone else.   Put the ebay ap on my phone and have used it a few times.   But today, a few minutes after checking the news on my phone and then setting it on the bed, I picked it up to see it was showing not the news but an item I had bid for on ebay.  I swiped to get out of it and found another page on ebay showing my purchase history, which included something I had saved to "watch" but was now being displayed as one of my purchases.  Further inspection showed the "purchase" had occurred in the previous three minutes, while the phone was lying on my bed.

18 hours ago, bluechip said:

A first for me today, and wondering if it's happened to anyone else.   Put the ebay ap on my phone and have used it a few times.   But today, a few minutes after checking the news on my phone and then setting it on the bed, I picked it up to see it was showing not the news but an item I had bid for on ebay.  I swiped to get out of it and found another page on ebay showing my purchase history, which included something I had saved to "watch" but was now being displayed as one of my purchases.  Further inspection showed the "purchase" had occurred in the previous three minutes, while the phone was lying on my bed.

Never had that happen, but for awhile I was notorious for accidentally calling people.  I've (mostly) cured that by remembering to click the lock button (or whatever it's called) on the side of the phone after I've finished using it.

4 hours ago, telerites said:

At least it wasn't a "butt" purchase :bigsmile:  What was it and did it cost......

58464688.jpg

It was high four figures but I probably shouldn't say exactly what it was out of consideration for the seller, since it is obvious I didn't "want" the item at that price.  Suffice to say it was something I felt was priced high and had on my watch list not because I was thinking to buy it but to see if anybody else actually bought it or if he later dropped the price, etc.   

17 hours ago, bluechip said:

It was high four figures but I probably shouldn't say exactly what it was out of consideration for the seller, since it is obvious I didn't "want" the item at that price.  Suffice to say it was something I felt was priced high and had on my watch list not because I was thinking to buy it but to see if anybody else actually bought it or if he later dropped the price, etc.   

I've had my phone open different apps, and once even started an email with a string of nonsense (jjjjjjjjjjaaelklflkdjalfee) while it was in my pocket and I was semi-active, but never had it open ebay and purchase something.  Here's hoping you can get out of it. :wishluck: 

8 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I've had my phone open different apps, and once even started an email with a string of nonsense (jjjjjjjjjjaaelklflkdjalfee) while it was in my pocket and I was semi-active, but never had it open ebay and purchase something.  Here's hoping you can get out of it. :wishluck: 

Already got notice of the cancellation.   

I've had my phone send emails, too, and purchase songs that suddenly began playing in my pants.

But this is the first time it bought something on ebay.   It would have to activate several buttons in just the right place to do that.   And it did all this in the matter of a minute or so laying face down on the bed.  

1 hour ago, bluechip said:

Already got notice of the cancellation.   

I've had my phone send emails, too, and purchase songs that suddenly began playing in my pants.

But this is the first time it bought something on ebay.   It would have to activate several buttons in just the right place to do that.   And it did all this in the matter of a minute or so laying face down on the bed.  

Rise-of-the-machines_Core_2-box-promo.jp