• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have to buy graders notes to find out what's missing?

9 posts in this topic

Just stumbled on this Superman #1 on Metro this afternoon and found it odd that it doesn't list what pages/wraps are missing?

http://metropoliscomics.com/load_bookDetails.php?id=673587&enlarge=1

Is this a goof or are we now expected to purchase graders notes to figure out what's missing?

If it's a goof, you think it'd be worth Metro getting a new case for it. It's only a $90,000 book. :tonofbricks:

Not that I can afford it anyway.

This is an area where CGC, at least to me, seems inconsistent. If the book was missing one interior page that affected the story it would get a qualifies 7.0 or higher? But with a back cover that usually is just two advertisements it gets a .5

i understand it's a cover, and in this case maybe a pinup? But does this strike anyone else as odd?

39 minutes ago, ender said:

This is an area where CGC, at least to me, seems inconsistent. If the book was missing one interior page that affected the story it would get a qualifies 7.0 or higher? But with a back cover that usually is just two advertisements it gets a .5

i understand it's a cover, and in this case maybe a pinup? But does this strike anyone else as odd?

If it were missing an entire interior page wouldn't it still get the "Incomplete" 0.5 grade?

But I see your larger point.  It would be better if they distinguished among incomplete books.  Some real dogs get the 0.5 grade and then there's this book. 

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

If it were missing an entire interior page wouldn't it still get the "Incomplete" 0.5 grade?

But I see your larger point.  It would be better if they distinguished among incomplete books.  Some real dogs get the 0.5 grade and then there's this book. 

This is what I was thinking of.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/phantom-lady-16-incomplete-fox-features-syndicate-1948-cgc-qualified-vf-75-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121729-13407.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

missing a page. It gets the qualified 7.5

Just now, ender said:

Interesting.  Yes, you are right.  I thought a book with a missing page received a 0.5.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Interesting.  Yes, you are right.  I thought a book with a missing page received a 0.5.

Yea I am not saying that missing a back cover is better than missing an interior but I do think they need to do like you stated and come up with a consistent way to do it. I could kind of see the .5 if it was missing the front cover but had the back, but the other way around seems overly harsh considering the appearance of the books in this thread.