• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any major comic theft go unsolved or unreported?

7 posts in this topic

There's a fairly large comic collection I'm going to view soon.  While discussing with a friend the various ways it could be a setup for a scam it was mentioned that maybe it's all stolen.  I'm not aware of nor hearing news of any major thefts.  So I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any news.

1 hour ago, Duffman_Comics said:

Might want to have a look around the Stolen Comic website.

This.  Plus be sure to check these boards as there seems to have been a flurry of stolen books reported lately.  Think it would be a good idea to have a stolen section created on this site too as postings for missing books seem to crop up in different threads.

The stolen thread is a great idea, however I believe that it could be some of our faults at times. We all love to show what we've collected and love sharing our hobby among friends and even online but remember this...Friends have friends and the list goes on. There was an article published once in a newspaper back in the early eighties here in N.Ireland highlighting this guys collection worth and such. The following week or so while he was attending church I believe, all his horror film poster collection was stolen and I don't know if he ever got any of it back. That's why I myself don't tell anyone anything and that goes for friends and work mates.   

53 minutes ago, tv horror said:

The stolen thread is a great idea, however I believe that it could be some of our faults at times. We all love to show what we've collected and love sharing our hobby among friends and even online but remember this...Friends have friends and the list goes on. There was an article published once in a newspaper back in the early eighties here in N.Ireland highlighting this guys collection worth and such. The following week or so while he was attending church I believe, all his horror film poster collection was stolen and I don't know if he ever got any of it back. That's why I myself don't tell anyone anything and that goes for friends and work mates.   

Sounds like a good reason to stay away from church.