• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Overstreet out Wednesday. Anybody seen it yet?
1 1

83 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Did Flash Comics # 86 (Black Canary) go up a nominal 5% per Overstreet algorithm? Which mediocre :$ cover did Forumites buy?

Yep. Roughly doubling in all grades.   Also, Flash 1 went up 50%+ in 9.0 and below. Good is now 15k (was 9500). About time for this early DC key.

2 hours ago, Tsp99 said:

Yep. Roughly doubling in all grades.   Also, Flash 1 went up 50%+ in 9.0 and below. Good is now 15k (was 9500). About time for this early DC key.

Agreed. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

4 hours ago, Tsp99 said:
12 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Did Flash Comics # 86 (Black Canary) go up a nominal 5% per Overstreet algorithm? Which mediocre :$ cover did Forumites buy?

Yep. Roughly doubling in all grades. 

Are you saying that Flash 86 in Good is now listed at $1,400 and at $16K in NM-?  ???

If this is the case, then this is much more than Allan's nominal 5% increase per year since Flash 86 was listed at only $314 in Good and at $5,500 in NM- only a mere 2 years ago.  :whatthe:

Which book had the largest percentage price increase in the Overstreet Top 100 this year?

Was it something like 'Tec 31, Action 13, Pep 22 which used to be your perennial favorites a few years ago or something movie hype related like AS 8, since More Fun 73 already took the crown for the 2016 guide last year?   hm

Edited by lou_fine

2 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

Yes,  actually $1,500 in Good, $4,500 in Fine,  and $15,000 in Nm-.  Guess Bob and the gang finally decided to catch this book up closer to its current pricing.  Any other price requests?

Guess Allan can't complain anymore about the snail like increases in the guide for Flash 86 anymore.  lol

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Which book had the largest percentage price increase in the Overstreet Top 100 this year?

Was it something like 'Tec 31, Action 13, Pep 22 which used to be your perennial favorites a few years ago or something movie hype related like AS 8, since More Fun 73 already took the crown for the 2016 guide last year?   hm

It was All-Star 8 (at 49%) according to the Top 100 GA Comics listing, just edging out WW 1 (47%), Tec 36 (45%), Tec 37 (44%), and Tec 40 (43%). 

18 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

Guess Bob and the gang finally decided to catch this book up closer to its current pricing.  Any other price requests?

Did Suspense Comics #3 (Continental) have another jump up the hierarchy of top 100 GA List or was it held back by the concurrent ;) leaps in Wonder Woman keys? :angel:

11 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:
20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

It was All-Star 8 (at 49%) according to the Top 100 GA Comics listing, just edging out WW 1 (47%), Tec 36 (45%), Tec 37 (44%), and Tec 40 (43%). 

Thanks for the info as I have to wait until next week to pick up my copy of the new OS Guide.  :taptaptap:

Looks like my lucky guess about AS 8 was correct by just a nose.  I believe this is about 5 years in a row that I've made the right guess as to the top percentage mover in Overstreet's Top 100 Chart.

What is the bottom threshold level for the Top 100 this year and which book is listed at the bottom of the chart?  Strange that I find the bottom of the Top 100 Chart to be more interesting than the top of the chart since there's usually not much changes up there.  (shrug)

25 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

Tsp99 mentioned earlier that Flash #1 went up by 50%+ in all grades under 9.0. How much did Flash #1 go up in 9.2? (i.e. the standard grade for the top 100 list, iirc)

Edited by Superman2006

2 hours ago, Superman2006 said:

Tsp99 mentioned earlier that Flash #1 went up by 50%+ in all grades under 9.0. How much did Flash #1 go up in 9.2? (i.e. the standard grade for the top 100 list, iirc)

During the past couple of price guide updates, it looks as though Overstreet has finally gotten around to recognizing that GA books are actually selling very strongly in the lower grades, and in fact are generally not selling in the top grades simply because they are just not even available in the marketplace in that high end condition.  hm

Raising the prices of the books at the lower end and decreasing the price spread between the condition levels is actually a more accurate reflection of what is happening out there in the real marketplace.  (thumbsu

9 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Did Suspense Comics #3 (Continental) have another jump up the hierarchy of top 100 GA List or was it held back by the concurrent ;) leaps in Wonder Woman keys? :angel:

Suspense 3 is now 7500 G/ 15k VG/ 22.5k F/ 45k VF/77.5k VF/NM and 110k NM-

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Thanks for the info as I have to wait until next week to pick up my copy of the new OS Guide.  :taptaptap:

Looks like my lucky guess about AS 8 was correct by just a nose.  I believe this is about 5 years in a row that I've made the right guess as to the top percentage mover in Overstreet's Top 100 Chart.

What is the bottom threshold level for the Top 100 this year and which book is listed at the bottom of the chart?  Strange that I find the bottom of the Top 100 Chart to be more interesting than the top of the chart since there's usually not much changes up there.  (shrug)

Bottom 5 of the Top 100 GA books are.... (all tied for #96) are Action 20, AA 25, Tec 32, Exciting 9, and Punch 12.  Top of guide for each of them is now 28k.

9 hours ago, Superman2006 said:

Flash 1 is now 210k in NM-.  It is #15 in the Top 100.