• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AWAX 2017 SDCC report
1 1

163 posts in this topic

On to a few things I grabbed today.  

Not much really:

qogj83.jpg

After hitting ing the Heavy Metal booth every day I finally caved and bought a copy of their magazine. 

I also picked up a couple more of the Iron Maiden exclusives and dropped the off to CGC 

As I was leaving today, my bus was by artist ally.  One of the last tables by the door was the artist of the above Ramones album cover. 

I bought his comic, had him sign it and with that I was out the door. 

1zx5f6h.jpg

Edited by Awax

With that, another year at SDCC is over. 

It's getting harder and harder just to get in. I can't imagine trying to get a ticket. Hotel. Parking pass whatever else. :pullhair:

hopefully i I get a pass next year, and go on another adventure.  Every year I get something and see stuff I would never expect. 

I'll be happy when my streets are a little less crowded though. And Max is happy I'll be back home with him every day now. 

Thanks for looking. 

Awesome thread, bud, this was exactly what I was looking for. Looks like you had a great time and picked up lots of groovy stuff! I haven't been to SDCC since about 20 years ago, I don't know that I could handle the crowds nowadays. But this sort of stuff makes it very tempting!

13 hours ago, Awax said:

Skybound booth 

1564jrm.jpg

I wish other retailers at SDCC would take a clue from Skybound. They have just as many in demand items as the other booths but they process them quickly without those dumb lines. They aren't shy about their purpose their which is 

A to make money

B promote their product

why it takes others 30-50 minutes waiting in line to process half of the customers Skybound sees is dumb