• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden State Comicon in Oakland Report

88 posts in this topic

Hey.. Sorry about that. I just got back from San Diego actually. They were having a conference down there at the Convention center for Human Resources Managers and my company had a booth there. We have another conference in 4 days at the same San Diego Convention Center as well and I'll personally be back down there for Comic-Con next month.

When I got back, there was a CGC box on my chair:

Amazing Spider-man #53 Green River White pages 7.5 (disappointing but there's a slight color breaking crease in the lower right corner..but it's a really nice copy)

Amazing Spider-man #56 Green River white pages 9.2

Amazing Spider-man Annual #1 Green River white pages 7.0

Marvel Tales #2 white pages 9.2

I don't know what Jeffrey graded these before, but they seemed to be the nicest candidates for grading.

Aack! I graded those books as follows:

ASM #53: 9.2 (I must have missed the crease!) sorry.gif

ASM #56: 9.4 confused-smiley-013.gif

ASM Annual #1: 8.0 (I admit it, I have a tough time with squarebounds) foreheadslap.gif

Marvel Tales #2: 9.2 (Finally, I got one right.) acclaim.gif

Shin, are those the only ones you got graded? gossip.gif Red Hook has taken the bait and is interested in more Green Rivers. poke2.gif I tell ya, these pedigrees are like crack! flowerred.gif

I won't mention what you graded this one poke2.gif

I call it an 8.0. There is a little bit of ink flaking near the lower right corner and some light peripheral wear, but the colors and gloss are blinding and the pages are as white as any I've ever seen from 1965 (40 years ago). cloud9.gif

action328-80-gr.jpg

Thats why I love pedigree books. If thats an 8.0 and I'm not saying that it is (hard to argue with the STL board grading champ insane.gif) its the best looking 893censored-thumb.gif 8.0 you will ever see of that issue. thumbsup2.gif Having seen it in person, its more glossy than some of the stuff I bought at my LCS yesterday.

Hey.. Sorry about that. I just got back from San Diego actually. They were having a conference down there at the Convention center for Human Resources Managers and my company had a booth there. We have another conference in 4 days at the same San Diego Convention Center as well and I'll personally be back down there for Comic-Con next month.

When I got back, there was a CGC box on my chair:

Amazing Spider-man #53 Green River White pages 7.5 (disappointing but there's a slight color breaking crease in the lower right corner..but it's a really nice copy)

Amazing Spider-man #56 Green River white pages 9.2

Amazing Spider-man Annual #1 Green River white pages 7.0

Marvel Tales #2 white pages 9.2

I don't know what Jeffrey graded these before, but they seemed to be the nicest candidates for grading.

Aack! I graded those books as follows:

ASM #53: 9.2 (I must have missed the crease!) sorry.gif

ASM #56: 9.4 confused-smiley-013.gif

ASM Annual #1: 8.0 (I admit it, I have a tough time with squarebounds) foreheadslap.gif

Marvel Tales #2: 9.2 (Finally, I got one right.) acclaim.gif

Shin, are those the only ones you got graded? gossip.gif Red Hook has taken the bait and is interested in more Green Rivers. poke2.gif I tell ya, these pedigrees are like crack! flowerred.gif

I won't mention what you graded this one poke2.gif

I call it an 8.0. There is a little bit of ink flaking near the lower right corner and some light peripheral wear, but the colors and gloss are blinding and the pages are as white as any I've ever seen from 1965 (40 years ago). cloud9.gif

action328-80-gr.jpg

But it's got 10 points of gloss! You already admitted it. tongue.gif That one was especially hard to grade, since it really is a beautiful comic...but for the damage in the lower right section of the cover.

I wonder if that is bb pellet damage, which has appeared on a number of the GR books. That's what it looks like from here......

It's not. It's a circular scrape, almost resembling a tiny tape pull (although I don't think it actually IS a tape pull).