• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPC code books.

5 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, comxdlr said:

Trying to see which UPC codes are actually rare.  Anyone know about this one?

image.jpg

This one, and the other Image newsstands, have been discussed at length over in the "Books You Just Can't Find in the Wild" thread. Lots of good info there! As for this book, it's not exactly rare (I've picked up 5 in bargain bins in the last few months) but it seems to have a substantially smaller run compared to the shiny foil version, for sure. It's "rare" enough that I think they're worth my picking them up whenever I see them for $1 or less. Definitely not common in high grade. I think 9.8's are up to around $150 now. I'll let someone more motivated than me come in with the exact facts and figures.

This is a good example of a 1990s Image comic with a UPC which means it is a newsstand edition.

But just looking for a "UPC Code" isn't enough.  Not every comic with a UPC code is a newsstand.  Check out the UPC Code itself.  

There are two parts... the long part (lots of bars on the left) and the short part (fewer bars on the right).

If there are just 2 numbers on the short part (on the right), it's a newsstand UPC.

If there are 5 numbers on the short part (on the right), it's a direct edition UPC.

(thumbsu