• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic on craigslist
3 3

57 posts in this topic

Ask him if you can do the exchange at a police station then when he says no you wont have to waste any more time with him.

2 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

Why would anyone sell a collection like this via CL unless it's stolen property?  

Yes or a scam.

My gut says this one is real....looks like a guy who doesn't much care about comics came into a few, made a few lazy searches and came up with some Ballpark prices. I'd page thru each one carefully, but I have a feeling the guy shows up with what's in the picture and some story...probably not a traditional collector of the sort on here.

My best experiences with CL (and they are certainly the minority) are the ones with fewest words. This usually coincides, in my experience, with people who may or may not have a rough idea of what the value is for the books they have, and either way they don't much care about them/aren't too attached.

I'd meet him. I'd leave my cash locked in the car, but I'd meet him. Good luck; let us know! (thumbsu

33 minutes ago, spiderman12 said:

He said he would take $900 for all the books pictured. I am meeting him tomorrow to see the condition. Meeting at the library

keep us posted

Edited by kav

10 books, that's about $90 a book.  Given the condition of them, the seller could probably make more selling them separately on the bay, but given the shipping, hassle, fees etc., is he that far off?  

Those little stickers don't mean much.  Perhaps that is what he paid, perhaps not. 

12 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

10 books, that's about $90 a book.  Given the condition of them, the seller could probably make more selling them separately on the bay, but given the shipping, hassle, fees etc., is he that far off?  

Those little stickers don't mean much.  Perhaps that is what he paid, perhaps not. 

I guesstimated the value at about $1000

1 minute ago, kav said:

I guesstimated the value at about $1000

I'm thinking about the same, though maybe a little higher because they have that look like they have been in the same bags for over 20 years. They may actually look a little better once unbagged. Those bags have that wrinkly wave to them that they get over time.

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

Some of those books have pinups, which are often missing. Count the pages if everything else checks out. I'd be shocked if he were the original owner so h may not be aware they might be missing.

Now that you mention it, might those bronze books also have Marvel Value Stamps to check for?

7 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Now that you mention it, might those bronze books also have Marvel Value Stamps to check for?

check everything.  

11 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Pretty sure the IF- Sabertooth one has an MVS. It's been awhile since I handled a raw one.

That's what she said.