• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic on craigslist
3 3

57 posts in this topic

Try your offer and see what he say. His offer in the ad said $250, yet you said over the phone he wants $900 for everything? I must be missing something with the big difference.  Good luck with the sale and like everyone said here,  count the pages.

update – so I spoke with him for a little bit he's basically selling off most of his Comics and does not want to use eBay because of bad past experiences and shipping. All the books were complete and ranged in grade from good to fine. We settled on a price of $800. He said he is listing more books next week. 

Just now, spiderman12 said:

update – so I spoke with him for a little bit he's basically selling off most of his Comics and does not want to use eBay because of bad past experiences and shipping. All the books were complete and ranged in grade from good to fine. We settled on a price of $800. He said he is listing more books next week. 

Good for you.  Glad this deal worked out.

31 minutes ago, spiderman12 said:

Nice!  Seems like a fair deal for both of you.  Maybe he'll let you take a look at the future books he's selling before he lists them on craigslist?

1 hour ago, spiderman12 said:

You survived to tell the story - that's awesome!  :banana:

1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

So judgemental... 

Yeah there's no reason to be suspicious of a CL key book ad.  Try again.  :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Good to see that the OP was wise and was able to separate the good advice and the not-so-good advice.

I mean if someone advises someone else not to walk in a bad neighborhood and they do it anyway and they make it through no problems that does not mean the advice was not so good.  It means they got lucky.

1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

The important thing to remember is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  Happy to see a boardie come home with those.

I understand but with some patience on ebay you could get all those books for around the same price.  It wasnt a steal or anything.

I do appreciate everyone's feedback the good and the bad. I understand craigslist is not all positive. And this exchange I think I got a good deal not a great deal. I'm happy with the box and I think they were priced fairly. I enjoyed seeing them first hand versus eBay