• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How tall is Wolverine? Is it a philosophical question?

Wolverine height  

53 members have voted

1. 1. A friend of yours says Hugh Jackman is a great Wolverine...

• Agree without mentioning the height.
    • Agree but point out that Hugh Jackman is much taller than Wolverine in the comics.
    • Say you've never seen Wolverine in a movie.
    • Disagree by pointing out that Hugh Jackman is much taller than Wolverine in the comics.
    • Disagree because even a shorter Hugh Jackman wouldn't be a great Wolverine.
    • Other (comment below).
    • Whatever. Pass the crack.

38 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I found this today while searched for something else. Pretty cool comparison with the height info based on the source material.. but the depictions are based on the MCU representations that everyone recognizes. 

85c68835d6f156562eb73b947be4c34a.jpg

I'm taller than Black Widow but then you lose me lol interesting though if accurate! 

I always thought the Thing was roughly in line with the Hulk. Of course, they've both been depicted many ways and many heights over the years. But I'm still surprised that Ben Grimm is only 6'. 

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I always thought the Thing was roughly in line with the Hulk. Of course, they've both been depicted many ways and many heights over the years. But I'm still surprised that Ben Grimm is only 6'. 

He always struck me as shortish, but practically as wide as he was tall.

Surprised Drax isn't bigger, but I read comics in the 90s, I guess he's changed since then

He has rarely been drawn as 5' 3" in the comics though, more like 5' 7" or so.  Puck should be like 5 ' 3."  If storm is supposed to be 5' 11" or so, then Wolverine is 5' 7" here.

storm-and-wolverine.jpg

Then again, here he is closer to 5'3" if she is 5' 11":

wolverine-storm-kiss-107402.jpg

Can't tell on this one:

storm-wolverine.jpg

Ok, he's short here too:

mghl_xmen-6.jpg

helmet.jpg

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

He has rarely been drawn as 5' 3" in the comics though, more like 5' 7" or so.  Puck should be like 5 ' 3."  If storm is supposed to be 5' 11" or so, then Wolverine is 5' 7" here.

storm-and-wolverine.jpg

Then again, here he is closer to 5'3" if she is 5' 11":

wolverine-storm-kiss-107402.jpg

Can't tell on this one:

storm-wolverine.jpg

Ok, he's short here too:

mghl_xmen-6.jpg

helmet.jpg

Aw man, remember when X-Men was great and Wolverine was awesome? Good memories here!

On 2 August 2017 at 9:14 PM, Rhymenoceros said:

I found this today while searched for something else. Pretty cool comparison with the height info based on the source material.. but the depictions are based on the MCU representations that everyone recognizes. 

85c68835d6f156562eb73b947be4c34a.jpg

The problem with this chart is that most of them wear boots and the soles can have different thicknesses, so the height in costume here could be a bit deceptive. Some could be cheating.  

Rorschach comes to mind.

A barefoot chart would be more accurate.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, Designer Toast said:

Who is hairy - Wolverine or Puck...hm

:eek:

Sasquatch.

19 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The problem with this chart is that most of them wear boots and the soles can have different thicknesses, so the height in costume here could be a bit deceptive. Some could be cheating.  

Rorschach comes to mind.

A barefoot chart would be more accurate.

Honest question, but does Spiderman actually wear shoes?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Honest question, but does Spiderman actually wear shoes?

Yup. That had occurred to me. One reason I said 'most'.

17 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. That had occurred to me. One reason I said 'most'.

I noticed you said most and I was like who wouldn't or doesn't? lol then came my nerd question haha, I assume if spidey can still stick to walls through a costume---then why not through shoes, but when they've showed him ditch a costume or such he's never barefooted so one can only assume :) 

big bang theory meme one.jpg

I chose "other"...... as I would agee that Jackman does a great job but then gently remind them that the REAL Wolverine can use the "bucket method" of contraception, whereas Jackman, in most cases, cannot. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2017-08-03 at 4:14 PM, 1950's war comics said:

In the next  politically correct Marvel reboot Wolverine will probably be a midget...............

Possibly, but one would ever put the words politically correct and midget in the same sentence.

Jim