• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Funnybooks
1 1

154 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

When I can see 3 or 4 copies of the same comic on ebay at the same time I have a real hard time believing the book is scarce...hm

That doesn't mean it's not scarce in this case...you're looking at every extant copy besides the one Sqeggs just bought :insane:

I am so embarrassed by the Cosmo debacle that I am ending the thread tonight. I will be sending out PM reminders to the winners this evening. Thanks everyone so much for looking and hopefully I will get some time to get together another eclectic mix of goodies for another thread very soon.

In the meantime check your calendars - the weekend of September 9 and 10 there will be a cool, old-time comic swap meet here in Houston called The Return of Son of HoustonCon. Very much like OAF with many of the same folks, but in a bigger more cosmopolitan setting. Tables are still available! It should be a lot of fun and I hope some of you can make it.

13 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I am so embarrassed by the Cosmo debacle that I am ending the thread tonight. I will be sending out PM reminders to the winners this evening. Thanks everyone so much for looking and hopefully I will get some time to get together another eclectic mix of goodies for another thread very soon.

In the meantime check your calendars - the weekend of September 9 and 10 there will be a cool, old-time comic swap meet here in Houston called The Return of Son of HoustonCon. Very much like OAF with many of the same folks, but in a bigger more cosmopolitan setting. Tables are still available! It should be a lot of fun and I hope some of you can make it.

More cosmopolitan than Oklahoma?  Scarcely seems possible. hm

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

:roflmao: Could it be that you also sold most of the books?

9 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

:roflmao: Could it be that you also sold most of the books?

I'm sad that you didn't buy anything.

17 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Sounds cool but Houston in the summer???   hm

28 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

I didn't see anything I wanted...and i have no money anyway...:tonofbricks:

:foryou:

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Sounds cool but Houston in the summer???   hm

Houston is awesome in the summer. That's when all of those huge air-conditioners start running at full tilt and everything is frosty and crisp.