• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw SA and GA For Sale. Some tough Baker covers, Bill Barnes #7 and a couple of SA keys.
3 3

37 posts in this topic

Include $10 for shipping within North America. ROW I will split with interested parties.

Who wins: Time stamp seals the deal as to who wins regardless of the form of communication (including PM, in the thread, text or phone conversation). A negotiation is not a deal until both sides have agreed on terms.

If there is an unconditional :takeit: posted (or communicated) it will trump all negotiations unless we have already both agreed to terms before the :takeit: was posted. In that case, the :takeit: will have been in vain. Except that it will give you street cred and look cool to passers by.

No House Of Shame or Probationary members or any others of ill repute.

Returns: I am considered a very good grader among my peers ( Here is a link to my kudos thread ) but since even CGC is inconsistent I will not guarantee a CGC grade. I will guarantee to be within one grade increment in either direction - so if I am calling the book a 9.4 it could go 9.2 or 9.6. If it falls outside of those parameters (and it does happen that they go in both directions), I will offer a refund. But I don't expect anyone to complain if I undergraded it. :devil:

I will accept returns if item is otherwise not as described.

Payment: Paypal, bank wire, check or MO.

Edited by VintageComics

Authentic Police Cases #14 6.0 Fine - back cover dog ear top left corner was straightened out, some mild foxing back cover, spine wear. Tough book. 

Asking $375 SOLD!

5983d8af46229_AuthenticPoliceCases14.thumb.jpg.088268b9a487b3ed03eb0bbf2b87406e.jpg

5983d8cd18ac3_AuthenticPoliceCases14B.thumb.jpg.22a17bfe2407cdf6887b49021f62fb3d.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

Avengers #9 7.5 VF- First Wonder Man.

Asking  $350  SOLD!

Avengers 9.jpg

Avengers 9 B.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

41 minutes ago, misterrmystery said:

take it

Thank you!

Edited by VintageComics

Bill Barnes #7 - covers completely split (although back cover attached at bottom staple), interior wraps beginning to split (brittle) but a tough book with a stunning centerfold splash of an atomic bomb attack on Japan that was printed in 1942 (years before Hiroshima and Nagasaki). Tough book.

Asking $800 (only one I see available is a low grade one eBay for $2500) SOLD!

Bill Barnes 7.jpg

Bill Barnes 7 B.jpg

Bill Barnes 7 centerfold.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

Going Steady #10 low range VGish copy but cover fully detached at both staples (front and rear covers are attached to each other and not split). Classic and highly sought after Baker cover.

Asking $375

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

Going Steady 10.jpg

Going Steady 10 B.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

Going Steady #13 Going Steady #10 low range VGish copy but cover fully detached at both staples (front and rear covers are attached to each other and not split). Classic and highly sought after Baker cover.

Asking $350 SOLD!

Going Steady 13.jpg

Going Steady 13 B.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

Record Book of Famous Police Cases (No Number) - VG 4.0 - covers attached. This is a square bound comic sized digest that is about 3/8" thick and is a compilation of previous stories. Inside covers are blank except for a St. John's printer's address  on the inside FC. I've never seen one (nor had Harley Yee when I asked him) but I understand there were a couple that were unearthed last year that changed hands.

Asking $500 SOLD!

Record Book of Famous Police Cases NN.jpg

Record Book of Famous Police Cases NN B.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Record Book of Famous Police Cases (No Number) - VG 4.0 - covers attached. This is a square bound comic sized digest that is about 3/8" thick and is a compilation of previous stories. Inside covers are blank except for a St. John's printer's address  on the inside FC. I've never seen one (nor had Harley Yee when I asked him) but I understand there were a couple that were unearthed last year that changed hands.

Asking $500

take it

12 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Asking $500 SOLD!

vintageRoy,

Do you know if the cover price is different on the digest compared to the comic book of the same one shot :blush: that appears to have same cover illo?

5 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

vintageRoy,

Do you know if the cover price is different on the digest compared to the comic book of the same one shot :blush: that appears to have same cover illo?

Do you happen to know which cover this illo was used on previously?

It was my understanding that it was not a previously used cover.

https://www.comics.org/issue/321325/

If it was previously used on a regular comic, I'd assume the original was a 10 cent cover price.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

Do you happen to know which cover this illo was used on previously?

It was my understanding that it was not a previously used cover.

https://www.comics.org/issue/321325/

If it was previously used on a regular comic, I'd assume the original was a 10 cent cover price.

Roy, By "digest" I think you mean that it reprints other remaindered books, not that it is smaller than regular comic size, right?  

I've never seen a copy of this book that wasn't a regular-size comic.

13 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Bill Barnes #7 - covers completely split (although back cover attached at bottom staple), interior wraps beginning to split (brittle) but a tough book with a stunning centerfold splash of an atomic bomb attack on Japan that was printed in 1942 (years before Hiroshima and Nagasaki). Tough book.

Asking $800 (only one I see available is a low grade one eBay for $2500) SOLD!

Bill Barnes 7.jpg

Bill Barnes 7 B.jpg

Bill Barnes 7 centerfold.jpg

One of the coolest GA books there is.

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Roy, By "digest" I think you mean that it reprints other remaindered books, not that it is smaller than regular comic size, right?  

I've never seen a copy of this book that wasn't a regular-size comic.

Correct. Apologies if it was a misunderstanding.

It's thick like a digest but the same size as a regular comic.