• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 5 Results

13 posts in this topic

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 4 (of 10) Results

BK 9: Jo-Jo Comics #7 Light Tan to Off-White Pages   - Actual Grade: 3.0

BK 10: Gay Comics #31 Off-White to White Pages   - Actual Grade: 4.0 

Round 4 Grade Breakdowns

Round-5-Breakdowns.gif

2017 Grading Contest: Round 5 Results - Leader Board

Round-5-Leaders.gif

Grading Contest Books:
01. Crimes by Women #3 (Superior)
02. Amazing Spider-man #129  (Marvel)
03. Western Thrillers #1 (Fox Features Synd.)
04. Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel)
05. True Aviation Comics Digest #1 (Parents' Magazine Inst.)
06. Baloo and Little Britches #1 (Gold Key)
07. Star Wars #107 (Marvel)
08. Strange Adventures #50 (DC)
09. Jo-Jo Comics #7 (Fox Features Syndicate)
10. Gay Comics #31 (Timely Comics)

got a couple of bulls-eyes now.  Missing the 1st round deadline hurt me with the double bull-balls (00)!!  At the midway point I feel pretty good even though I am in a semi-low placing.  I can remember much earlier grading contests with the books out of slabs with the grading insert still with the book making grading MUCH easier IMO.  Or am I trippin?!?  Anyhow, I am ready for the 2nd leg of the contest, and, to make way better grading/guessing decisions...:wishluck:

I love this contest. I will continue to donate multiple prizes this year and next, but please make the contest fair. I stink at grading as it is, but don't let isolated GPA or CGC Census results give too many answers. https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Jo-Jo+Comics&publisher=Fox+Features+Synd.&issue=7&year=1947&issuedate=7%2F47

26 minutes ago, sckao said:

Round 5 COMMENTARY

(Feel free to submit your own. :headbang:)

Round 5 proved itself to be the easiest so far, with 26 double bulls-eyes to be handed out.  It's not often that you score 6 or 8 points in a round and watch your placement in the contest fall back.  That happened to many and I'll bet they're not feeling too gay right now.  

Congrats to the guys at the very top! Azkaban, KPR Comics, NinjaSealed and toro are all tied for 1st at the moment. (worship)

With the first half of the contest behind us, there's going to have to be some sharpening of pencils and tightening of grades. The second half is ALWAYS harder than the first. 

Good luck, all. :wishluck: 

I undergraded Jo-Jo by one increment which seems to be my sweet spot but was way off and overgraded too on the Gay comic. I had no idea how CGC would treat that amount of crayon on the cover, so for me this has been the most educational round so far. (thumbsu