• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) Junk Sale GA & SA For the Common Man!
1 1

120 posts in this topic

SOLD!

Detective #248 Oct 1957 DC Publications

Colorful and bright cover. Flat, clean and complete. Has a 3-1/2" lower right corner crease. A half inch lower spine tear. Some minor wrinkling. A light dust shadow at bottom and top right corner. Back cover Has a few creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white/white and nice.

$40.

detective248a.jpg

detective248b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wow Comics #69 Fall 1948 Fawcett Pubs

Great baseball cover! Good girl art Ozzie & Babs + Mr Scarlet and Pinky, Phantom Eagle and Tom Mix. A nice fat great read book.

A pretty sharp copy. Tight, flat, smooth spine on this complete copy. Has a light "subscription" crease down center. A very light pencil mark on cover and just light general wear with no tears or creases. Book and centerfold are bound tight to covers. Slightly yellowed supple pages.

$30. (BELOW GUIDE) for this cool book

wow1.jpg

wow2.jpg

Georgie #19 Nov 1948 Marvel Pubs

One of the best Georgie covers in my opinion. Great baseball cover. Full ton teen age situations and girl art.Georgie is another hot title these days.

Nice, bright, complete copy. Worst defect is the small piece missing at bottom right corner of front cover. Also has a tiny chip out at bottom of spine and top right corner. Staples appear pushed in a bit but no tears.  Light dirt spot at top of cover. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and nice.

$40.

gerorgie1.jpg

gerorgie2.jpg

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Detective #248 Oct 1957 DC Publications

Colorful and bright cover. Flat, clean and complete. Has a 3-1/2" lower right corner crease. A half inch lower spine tear. Some minor wrinkling. A light dust shadow at bottom and top right corner. Back cover Has a few creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white/white and nice.

$40.

detective248a.jpg

detective248b.jpg

image.png.0af8381e266c95d9dfcfb4e4ed318079.png

Star Spangled War Stories #154 Jan 1971 DC Pubs

I have always loved DC war books and this has always been a favorite. Features the Origin of the Unknown Soldier by Joe Kubert.

Real nice, very glossy, bright, clean, flat complete copy. Has a little light spine bend and some small spine stress spots. A couple very small, very light cover bends. Hard to see because it is so glossy. No tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Interior paper is just slightly yellowed but real nice.

$30.

starspangledwar1.jpg

starspangledwar2.jpg

Adventures into the Unknown #31 May 1952 ACG Pubs

Scary Vampire cover!

Bright, clean and complete. Has a neatly magic taped spine. Small chip out of bottom spine. Covers are lightly tanned inside. Not brittle or flaky at all. Can be read and turned without worry. Tiny upper right corner crease. No tears or pieces missing. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple.

$25.

advsunknown1.jpg

advsunknown2.jpg

Katy Keene #25 Nov 1955 Archie Pubs

Great art and paper dolls.

Bright, glossy and complete. Has a small piece out of bottom of cover that goes into a few pages at the very edge. Long, light crease in center of book that barely breaks color. Small light purple spot in center of book. Some wrinkles and light spine wear. Back cover has a light stain and a tiny corner off with a small tear at top. Book and centerfold are secure to covers. Interior pages are yellow but very flexible.

$25.

katykeene1.jpg

katykeene2.jpg

Strange Adventures #117 June 1960 DC Pubs

Cool DC gorilla cover. Origin and first appearance Atomic Knights!

A tight complete copy. Has numerous light wrinkles and a couple creases. mall right side edge tear about 3/4" long. Some spine rubbing. Back cover is pretty nice. No major tears or any missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white, fresh pages.

WAS $50.   NOW $40.

strangeadvs1.jpg

strangeadvs2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Canteen Kate #3 Nov 1952 St John Pubs

All Matt Baker art cover to cover. Used in Parade of Pleasure page 75, Listed as Rare in Overstreet. A great 3 run series!

This is a worn tattered but complete reader/filler copy. Has a small piece out of lower right corner. Spine is tattered, torn and split. Lots of small tears, creases and mayhem. This one is also sold "as is" with no returns. It's a complete, readable beater filler only. But way cool...

$35. Hard to find another complete copy any cheaper...

canteenkate1.jpg

canteenkate2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Canteen Kate #3 Nov 1952 St John Pubs

All Matt Baker art cover to cover. Used in Parade of Pleasure page 75, Listed as Rare in Overstreet. A great 3 run series!

This is a worn tattered but complete reader/filler copy. Has a small piece out of lower right corner. Spine is tattered, torn and split. Lots of small tears, creases and mayhem. This one is also sold "as is" with no returns. It's a complete, readable beater filler only. But way cool...

$35. Hard to find another complete copy any cheaper...

canteenkate1.jpg

canteenkate2.jpg

:takeit:

OK, that's all I got this time. You had enough abuse I suspect. I will let this run until midday tomorrow. I might lower a few prices a little if I feel like it tomorrow morning. I will send out invoices tomorrow around noon.

I will be doing my big yearly toy/advertising show from Thursday-Sunday so I will be a little out of touch. I will do my damdest to get early payer's books out on Thursday morning. But if you are slow or I just can't do it, it won't be until Monday. Sorry, this show is a big one and I just won't have time.

If you are in the LA area and want to check out a great show, go to events and look for the All American Collector's Show. Not a comic book show but there are always old comics there. Just not a focus. You never know. The huge "Paul" GA-SA collection turned up there out of the blue...

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Forbidden Worlds #31 July 1954 ACG Pubs

Skeleton cover! Nice art in this issue.

A pretty nice copy. Clean, popping color, flat and complete. Has a few long thin cover creases. A tiny piece of tape at bottom spine. A few very tiny edge tears. Small corner off first page. Does not affect art. Spine is tight. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white to white and clean. Solid copy.

$40.

forbiddenworlds1.jpg

forbiddenworlds2.jpg

I'll take it.

OK, dropped some prices. Some cool, cheap books still left. I will run until this afternoon and send out invoices. NOTE: Fast payers will get their books out tomorrow. I will be not around for a few days and unable to mail again until Monday.

Thanks as always to all who have bought stuff or just lurked. It is always fun to do these!