• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Beach Comic Con September 2 & 3, 2017

15 posts in this topic

I did not see any mention of the Long Beach Con that is two weeks away so here is the link:

http://longbeachcomiccon.com/

There will not be as many comic dealers for this Con as normal as there is a show in Northern California; however, I am bringing 45 long boxes of mostly SA and Bronze and around 12-14 CGC boxes of graded books and lots of other goodies. I hope to see some of you there as I do each year.

Please let me know  of any specific books you are looking for also.

Ed Robertson Comics- booth 725 (two booths)

On 8/22/2017 at 8:37 AM, Robot Man said:

Bringing any GA books Ed? Seems pretty dim. Bad weekend. I don't even see Terry or Harley. $40 for a Sat pass. I'm local and usually look forward to this show. I come for old comics. Looks like they are shooting themselves in the foot on this one...

I will have some 50s Horror, some early Superman, and a box of 10 cent DCs- lots of Batman.  Two nice Planets (50 and 71) and a few more I am missing right now.

1 hour ago, robocard said:

Stop by and introduce yourself please. Booth 725.

I plan to. Im looking to improve on a lot of my silver age collection. Hoping you have some of what I am looking for in those long boxes. :bigsmile:

I'll be set up at booth 455. Bringing a CGC lot I recently picked up (about 150 books). Some nice rare hardcovers and trades (many still sealed). Some solid dollar books I'm too lazy to price lol. I'm bringing most of what I have on ebay. Here's the link-  http://stores.ebay.com/cruzinthrucomics/

Hope that link is ok here. Let me know if interested in any particular item. 

Edited by Cruzin' Thru Comics

Went to this show today. Man, it was dismal... Maybe 3 or 4 dealers with any decent books. Bought a small pile of half price pre-code horror from Ed. A couple of decent books from Brad. Great dealers to spend your dough with.  A couple of OK cheap strays here and there. But, there is always "that guy" at every show off the beaten path. Got a couple great books cheap from one of those guys. Ticket and parking would have been. $60 for one day but got a free exhibitor badge so it turned out OK. Spent about 2 hours there and half that time talking to a few dealers. Saw pretty much none of the usual GA collectors. Bad weekend for a show. Will do a small report in my GA junk thread with some photos . Anybody else go? 

On August 30, 2017 at 0:12 AM, loboagain said:

My buddy and I will be set up at Booth 223 (Pono Comics).  We will have boxes of $1 books, some nice keys and other books.    Looking forward to meeting fellow boardies so please stop by and say hi. 

Hey boys, good meeting you today! Hope you did good. You wanted Timelys? I doubt there were even any Timely funny animal books there...

I wish I would have saw this thread earlier. I would have stopped and said hello to you guys.  It seemed more of a cosplay convention than one for comics. I did get to see Shatner for a couple of hours Saturday though in the ballroom and got something signed and a photo with him. That made it worthwhile!

What did those of you who attended think of the show? How did you do Ed? Good to see you and buy some of your wonderful books!

I posted a report over in the GA section in my "Son of 50 year Junk Obsession" thread with some observations and a few pictures.

Here's a clip from the local newspaper that my wife sent me.

http://www.gazettes.com/entertainment/long-beach-comic-con/article_d143408a-9204-11e7-8542-bf60754d5c93.html

Bob,

It was good to see you and so many other repeat buyers at this show. I sold some of everything which is always my intent. Probably between 1200-1500 books from $1-20 and a decent amount of graded books and books from $50 up. Gross sales were almost exactly the same as the Expo in February. Overall, worth the drive. 

See you all in February 2018! Ed