• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

No joke -- this DC movie is amazing.

Verdict: Joker isn’t just an awesome comic book movie, it’s an awesome movie, period. It offers no easy answers to the unsettling questions it raises about a cruel society in decline. Joaquin Phoenix’s fully committed performance and Todd Phillips’ masterful albeit loose reinvention of the DC source material make Joker a film that should leave comic book fans and non-fans alike disturbed and moved in all the right ways.

10.0/10

Interesting. The one negative review via Metacritic suggests starting a GoFundMe to help Phoenix out with acting classes.

Times_Joker.thumb.PNG.fb8f9de6b6afcfe2cc91703d275c5e60.PNG

But she gave Endgame a positive even though she didn't feel it was great.

Time_Endgame.thumb.PNG.5cbef6c31f5be422155d892107706f4a.PNG

Speaking at a press conference at the Venice International Film Festival, Phillips explained how he was able to "pick and choose" elements to bring his take on the iconic Batman villain to life.

"What was fun about it was we were able to kind of pick and choose certain elements from the comic book past, the past comic books, and use kind of what we wanted here and we'll use a little bit of that so there's a little bit, I guess, of Killing Joke with the idea of a failed stand-up comedian, but you know another big influence on this movie and the thing that inspired the original creators of Joker was the silent film The Man Who [Laughs] which is really where this started," Phillips said. "It's funny because the co-writer Scott Silver emailed me this morning, our first emails back and forth he was saying congratulations, this is exciting, and he sent me our first emails back and forth and I was reading them, and it was all about The Man who [Laughs]. I almost forgot that in the process that being such a big inspiration for us."