• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

metropolis comics...question for people who have used them?!
1 1

11 posts in this topic

hello everyone! I've got a cart on metropoliscomics.com and have a question about their grading and pricing.

I'm looking at a book they have as a .5 raw book this book is beat up bad...i mean bad. I've always kinda considered .5s to be incomplete ( is this a good rule of thumb ?) but nowhere in the description does it say that the book is complete or incomplete. I'm assuming it is complete is that a fair assumption?

my other question is about pricing. I'm looking at another book that is a VERY minor key for my collection and they have it graded at a 5.0 and priced like a 1.5 (according to guide) could this be a price listing error? I noticed that they also had a wrong photo on another book.

now I'm NOT questioning metropolis comics I KNOW WHO THEY ARE!! I've seen them at shows. i just had a few questions before buying from them my first time.

any info would be great a thanks in advance!

dan

3 hours ago, Raze said:

my other question is about pricing. I'm looking at another book that is a VERY minor key for my collection and they have it graded at a 5.0 and priced like a 1.5 (according to guide) could this be a price listing error?

Buy it and find out. Metro will most likely honor the listed price.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, Raze said:

I'm looking at a book they have as a .5 raw book this book is beat up bad...i mean bad. I've always kinda considered .5s to be incomplete ( is this a good rule of thumb ?) but nowhere in the description does it say that the book is complete or incomplete. I'm assuming it is complete is that a fair assumption?

They have been known for some oversights. They do accept returns but no harm in sending them an email to verify if book is complete prior to purchase.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

with an on-line inventory as large as theirs is i am sure there are some listing errors, i would just by the comics and if you don't like them they offer returns...

your right no harm would be done i just didn't know if there was something i missed.

again i know them to be reputable that was NEVER  my intention with the thread.

thanks to everyone... now I'm off to buy from metropolis!

I have used them quite a bit - both auctions and BINs.

I've never had a problem with their grading, and their customer support is responsive. The only thing to be aware of is that their shipping is usually very slow.  (On the order of 4-6 weeks. I think this has to do with the way they manage their inventory of consigned items.)

Actually, my comment above refers to comicconnect. I've never ordered specifically from Metropolis. I know they have the same ownership, but they may be run as separate units...

Edited by adampasz

.5 books are not always incomplete. Sometimes just trashed or brittle. Keep in mind, poor is poor period. Don't expect much. If in doubt, don't buy it. Metro has a vast inventory and makes mistakes like everyone else. They do stand behind their stuff though. They are usually too pricey for me. I usually expect a half a grade lower and if it's spot on or a little better, I'm happy. Good luck!

I've purchased about six books from them this past year. I think one book might have been a half grade off, but they are still one of my favorite sellers. I like their pricing better than Mycomicshop since most books from them are sold on commission these days.