• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sniping Services?

31 posts in this topic

If multiple bidders have their snipe program set on a particular auction do the programs drive the winning bid up to the highest dollar amount entered? If so, I am curious as to avearge success rates of those of you who use these programs.

If multiple bidders have their snipe program set on a particular auction do the programs drive the winning bid up to the highest dollar amount entered? If so, I am curious as to avearge success rates of those of you who use these programs.

It's a matter of timing...but yes, just like normal bidding, the bids drive the price up to the highest bid. What do you mean "success rate"? An attempt is always made to place the bid, and if it's high enough to beat out the current bid then it goes through. As to whether or not you win the item, it depends if greggy's bidding against you or not! mad.gif

One thing to point out is that you download the program to your computer, it's not like someone else is bidding for you from their website or server (I believe it's against ebay rules to have a 3rd-party bid for you). Therefore, your machine needs to be on when the auction ends (you specify how many seconds/minutes before the auctions ends you want your bid placed).

I've been using AuctionMagic seamlessly for at least two years now. For a one-time flat fee of $13, you can't go wrong! thumbsup2.gif

AuctionMagic tech support tells me that they'll have a new version out soon. You might want to hold off on a purchase so you don't find out there's a better version available right after you've paid for the old version.

Hmmm...I've always gotten the updates for free? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Right. Updates happen regularly and they're all free.

New version! Not a regular update. makepoint.gif

They wrote "a completely new version is in the works and is about to enter beta testing".

Sent me screenshots so I could see all the changes, etc about 3 weeks ago.

A lot of software vendors charge for new versions but provide maintenance updates to existing versions for free. I wouldn't predict whether the new version of this product will be provided to existing customers who bought a previous version for free or not. confused-smiley-013.gif

The website says that if you are an existing customer who agrees to participate in the beta testing of the new version, you get the new version for free.

autionstealer is great. and it gives u free snipes for referring someone who joins

How much does it cost per snipe for the not-so-free ones?

THEY DO NOT CHARGE YOU BASED ON THE SNIPE ITSELF.. YOU HAVE TO BUY LIKE A PACKAGE AFTER YOU USE YOUR 3 SNIPES (IT ONLY COUNTS IF U WIN THE AUCTION) AFTER THAT YOU HAV E TO BUY THE SUBCRIPTION... alot of people may not like that becasue it s not based on the snipes you use.. its based on a time table.. so it works best if u will be doing alot of buying during thatt timetable.. i never pay for it.. they give you free snipes for referring people.. so i just have all my friends join them and use my name and i get 3 free snipes to use for each person.. but if you wanted somethiong totally free you may want to try a differnt service.. but nothing in life is totally free... ask the service if your name email adress will be sold to companies and if they use adware,etc

Payment Options: PayPal (Subscription), PayPal (One Time), ClickBank, Check or Money Order.

Subscriptions Plans (PayPal) $$$ SALE $$$

Plan Type Cost Setup Time

1 Month - Subscription* $8.99 Instant w/ CC

3 Month - Subscription* $19.99 Instant w/ CC

6 Month - Subscription* $34.99 Instant w/ CC

THEY DO NOT CHARGE YOU BASED ON THE SNIPE ITSELF.. YOU HAVE TO BUY LIKE A PACKAGE AFTER YOU USE YOUR 3 SNIPES (IT ONLY COUNTS IF U WIN THE AUCTION) AFTER THAT YOU HAV E TO BUY THE SUBCRIPTION... alot of people may not like that becasue it s not based on the snipes you use.. its based on a time table.. so it works best if u will be doing alot of buying during thatt timetable.. i never pay for it.. they give you free snipes for referring people.. so i just have all my friends join them and use my name and i get 3 free snipes to use for each person.. but if you wanted somethiong totally free you may want to try a differnt service.. but nothing in life is totally free... ask the service if your name email adress will be sold to companies and if they use adware,etc

Payment Options: PayPal (Subscription), PayPal (One Time), ClickBank, Check or Money Order.

Subscriptions Plans (PayPal) $$$ SALE $$$

Plan Type Cost Setup Time

1 Month - Subscription* $8.99 Instant w/ CC

3 Month - Subscription* $19.99 Instant w/ CC

6 Month - Subscription* $34.99 Instant w/ CC

893whatthe.gif MAN that's a lot of money for a sniping service. Next to this, the $13 flat fee for Auction Magic (from Merlin Software) seems like a downright steal.

i agree its a lot of money.. but like i said i never paid a dime.. u get 3 free snipes for evey member who signs up and uses you as a referral..the person whop signs up does not even have tpo use the service or buy anything... so what i did is emailed alot of my friends had them use me as a referral.. and bingo i have over 75 free snipes thats never expire in my acount... but i see your point .. if i was paying i would not pay the feees...but i will definelty look into auction magic....

FFB--your software requires your computer to do the sniping--correct? It's important to discern this feature, as some of us (like myself) travel. In this scenario I require the sniping service to bid on my behalf.

FFB--your software requires your computer to do the sniping--correct? It's important to discern this feature, as some of us (like myself) travel. In this scenario I require the sniping service to bid on my behalf.

That's correct, but I thought 3rd-party sniping services were against ebay rules? I guess there's nothing ebay can do about 'em though... confused-smiley-013.gif