• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sniping Services?

31 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I was just curious which sniping services everyone recommends? I'm a long time eBayer and have always just done this the old fashioned way, but would rather just put my snipe in now. thanks in advance!

vince

Depends on how many snipes/week you usually do...

Some free services:

Vrane.com (1 at a time)

justsnipe.com (5/week)

AuctionStealer(3/week)

Pay services let you have more snipes set, allow you to fire a second snipe off (or not) based on whether your first was successful, etc.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I've been trying HarvEX, I even paid for it so I could snipe twenty auctions that closed at the same time. Works some times others it doesn't. It keeps going South. eg NOT RESPONDING at crutial times 893censored-thumb.gif junk

I use BidNip:

http://www.bidnip.com/

Try the free trial.

I tried BidNip and have been converted to the dark side of the Snipe.

The old fashioned way was fun, but it's a lot more reliable using BidNip.

You never have to worry about forgetting.

It's never failed to put the bid in, so I highly recommend it. thumbsup2.gif

I've heard talks about Ebay imposing new rules to help stop this kind of thing, like ending auctions 10 seconds early or not disclosing teh last X number of seconds of an auction.... but i just don't see it working. The snipers (you guys) will just set your programs to cater to the new protocols.

Unless Ebay came up with some sort of way that an auction would end randomly some time in the last minute lets say... there's not much to be done.

And for now... snipe away! I don't feel teh need to do it really. I bid as much as i want to pay, the end.

I've heard talks about Ebay imposing new rules to help stop this kind of thing, like ending auctions 10 seconds early or not disclosing teh last X number of seconds of an auction.... but i just don't see it working. The snipers (you guys) will just set your programs to cater to the new protocols.

Unless Ebay came up with some sort of way that an auction would end randomly some time in the last minute lets say... there's not much to be done.

And for now... snipe away! I don't feel teh need to do it really. I bid as much as i want to pay, the end.

I pay for my esnipe account with Paypal, which is part of ebay. So they don't seem to concerned about it. They'll take your money however they can get it.

I use BidNip:

Try the free trial.

I used to use AuctionSniper, but it was unreliable in addition to charging a percentage of the winning bid. BidNip is rock solid (problematic only if eBay goes south) and charges a flat rate per WINNING snipe.

I've converted at least a dozen people to it, and they SWEAR by it. Go there NOW!

Yahoo has an option to automatically extend the auction if any bids are placed in the last minute.

I use BidNip:

Try the free trial.

I used to use AuctionSniper, but it was unreliable in addition to charging a percentage of the winning bid. BidNip is rock solid (problematic only if eBay goes south) and charges a flat rate per WINNING snipe.

I've converted at least a dozen people to it, and they SWEAR by it. Go there NOW!

I used bidsnipe last night and i won a Thor 156 9.4 for $51 yay.gif So i will continue to use it.

I've been using AuctionMagic seamlessly for at least two years now. For a one-time flat fee of $13, you can't go wrong! thumbsup2.gif

AuctionMagic tech support tells me that they'll have a new version out soon. You might want to hold off on a purchase so you don't find out there's a better version available right after you've paid for the old version.

I've been using AuctionMagic seamlessly for at least two years now. For a one-time flat fee of $13, you can't go wrong! thumbsup2.gif

AuctionMagic tech support tells me that they'll have a new version out soon. You might want to hold off on a purchase so you don't find out there's a better version available right after you've paid for the old version.

Hmmm...I've always gotten the updates for free? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Me too, and I agree completely. For $13 it is the best deal I found for sniping software.

Right. Updates happen regularly and they're all free.

yay.gif

New version! Not a regular update. makepoint.gif

They wrote "a completely new version is in the works and is about to enter beta testing".

Sent me screenshots so I could see all the changes, etc about 3 weeks ago.

A lot of software vendors charge for new versions but provide maintenance updates to existing versions for free. I wouldn't predict whether the new version of this product will be provided to existing customers who bought a previous version for free or not. confused-smiley-013.gif