• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Metal Men #11 9.4 ?????

10 posts in this topic

The previous sale was for $315 on Nov-2004 through VaultAuctions. The book had White Pages.

The one just sold on Heritage is the same book.

Some reasons:

1. Heritage Signature Auction - these always tend to realize much higher results than their regular Internet auctions

2. This is the only 9.4 (none higher) - high grade DC books have been doing very well in the past 8-12 months. Couple this with its sale through a high profile Heritage auction and there would have been great interest in the book

3. Reserve was set high, bidders prepared to buy book at high/any price (can't remember whether this had a reserve - either way, determined bidders may have bumped price up)

4. During Nov 2004 Heritage ran 4 seperate auctions - maybe taking away bidding action from the Vault auction at the time

I don't know that I buy this. It was only 12 - 18 months ago that Heritage flogged similar numbered metal men books in 9.6 (also top census) that were Boston Pedigree and these only went for around the $500- mark.

DC's aren't increasing in value by that much??????????

I don't know that I buy this. It was only 12 - 18 months ago that Heritage flogged similar numbered metal men books in 9.6 (also top census) that were Boston Pedigree and these only went for around the $500- mark.

It's always hard to say. Sometimes it's collectors suddenly getting onto a title. Other times it's a case of the book not being noticed the first time for some reason and then the right collectors being there at the right time the next go round.

Case in point. I completely missed the 9.4 JLA #5 auction when it was first up on eBay 3 years ago, as did another big JLA collector, and can assure you that both of us would've easily outbid the winning price then. Can't explain how both us happend to miss it, we just did. Then, when it came up on Heritage a couple of years ago, I was outbid by this other collector. This time I finally won it.

Turoks went through the roof in this auction. Prices way above prices previously paid, either in private deals or online deals. Who can explain all the reasons why this might have happened? confused-smiley-013.gif

this was one of the bigger headscratchers to me as well. the GL 88 in 9.6 for $748- 16.62x guide was another. if the underbidder on that book wants to pay half that amount for a 9.4 copy, have them give me a call, PM, IM, email, smoke signal.

Metal Men are Supa Hot, i tell ya............................ headbang.gif

yeh, my 6 copies that went into CGC these past few months came back as follows;

#2 - 9.4

#3 - 9.6

#4 - 9.4

#6 - 9.0

#8 - 9.2

#9 - 9.0

one of the real bright spots in my submissions................ cloud9.gif

Metal Men are Supa Hot, i tell ya............................ headbang.gif

yeh, my 6 copies that went into CGC these past few months came back as follows;

#2 - 9.4

#3 - 9.6

#4 - 9.4

#6 - 9.0

#8 - 9.2

#9 - 9.0

one of the real bright spots in my submissions................ cloud9.gif

Congrats, Harry! Apparently you didn't like reading Metal Men much when you were a kid! tongue.gif Where's the #1?

actually, i think these are all late '63 and '64 books which are the dates that my best books fall into. i think it was less that i didn't like a title, then it was the fact that i was slowly turning to the Dark Side away from collecting (and therefore all of the later books weren't read, as much..........).