• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoomies and Time Spell from one of our own.......

4 posts in this topic

Ran across Rich Henn's website as a result of a discussion he and I were having and there was confronted with his comic book creation Zoomies.....

I won't spoil any of its' content but if you like:

Independant comies.

Underground art

A truly way out story line (although real)

Some great line art

Then this is the book for you. It always amazes me about how much talent resides and goes unoticed on these boards.

A word of warning though.....Zoomies leaves a loose end and you are left hanging.....I asked Rich what happened with the closing event and his response in email form had me *p*i*s*s*ing myself laughing and I was right in the middle of an open office. All I can say is that a whole thread around a pop tart has never been funnier.

I also have taken the opportunity to read the first 4 of Rich's timespell books and although they are not my normal fare I found them interesting reading. If you like cops, tension etc etc you could definitely do worse than read these.

All I can say is congratulations Rich.....you have a talent mate and I hope that you receive the recognition for it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Timespell

Hey m'man!

I do appreciate the pimping of my work.

Yeah, it can be said if anyone ever asks me over a beer (and I will be at the Philly Wiz World forum dinner on Saturday)

...I will happily tell you the tale of how I did some jail time for a pillfered pop-tart back in the day.

(ouch)

In short, ZOOMIES is "The Wonder Years meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." All too true tales of my young years growing up in a (literal) nuthouse in the middle of nowhere, USA.

The irony here is, I always thought these just made neat anecdotal stories to tell my buddies over beer and the like. From high school to college, and then when I got into self publishing, my peers started begging me to put these on paper.

Last year at San Diego, several producers approached me about the possibility of adapting ZOOMIES to film or TV.

With any luck, I won't have sell any more of my high grade silver and bronze Marvels to pay for diapers smile.gif

So if you're interested in looking at some of the strips, I'll post one page below---others you can check out by clicking various links from http://www.timespell.com/zoomies

zoomie.jpg

thanks Mushroom!