• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 29 is not the first cover appearance of Lois- so why don't they change the notation?

14 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Who's the lady on the cover of Action 23? Sure looks like Lois to me.

pretty sure J Shuster confirmed it was not LL that he drew on the cover...hence, 29 is considered "1st" cover

This has been brought up before.

I believe the argument for #27 over #29 was Lois in the story of #27 was wearing the same dress as girl on the cover of #27 making it very likely they were one and the same.

#23 is still important too because I believe that's the first mention of Daily Planet instead of Daily Star. 

Edited by N e r V

8 minutes ago, woowoo said:
25 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I don't think it's very meaningful or anything that warrants a mention on a label, but I don't see how that isn't Lois on 23.

-J.

lois has black hair and longer hm

Well, issue #23 was before issue #27 or #29, so her hair would have been naturally shorter.  :gossip:

And have you never heard of hair coloring before, because I am sure they must have had that even back in those early days?  lol

27 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, issue #23 was before issue #27 or #29, so her hair would have been naturally shorter:gossip:

And have you never heard of hair coloring before, because I am sure they must have had that even back in those early days?  lol

You a smart guy sully_Lou_fine

th.jpg

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, issue #23 was before issue #27 or #29, so her hair would have been naturally shorter.  :gossip:

I know you're being tongue in cheek here but I'll do you one better and say that's also Lois on 24.

It's interesting to note that Shuster stopped doing all the covers after 24, so it's not unfathomable (and would seem much more likely) that the Lois with the slightly different hairstyle is just another artist's mildly different interpretation, or it was simply a very minor change in character design  (not unheard of during these characters' infancies).  After all, the themes of 23, 24, 27, 29 are all the same- Superman saving Lois. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

10 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

pretty sure J Shuster confirmed it was not LL that he drew on the cover...hence, 29 is considered "1st" cover

Thanks for the info, Rick. But it sure looks Lois to me.