• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Night Nurse #1 CGC 9.4

47 posts in this topic

I absolutely hate comic snobs like this. Obviously not everyone thinks Night Nurse is a piece of whatever. I bought a nice raw set myself not too long ago plus I'd buy more if I could find them in nice shape at good prices. Better than typical superhero stuff for my taste.

You don't even read comic books so you can't provide a complete evaluation. Can you tell all the haters what's so good about it??? confused.gif

For example: I enjoy Batman 232 because it's got classic Neal Adams cover + art, an excellent story, 1st Ras Al Ghul (he's in the new movie BTW) & it's a Batman Bronze key. gossip.gif

Personally, I've read Night Nurse 1. Couldn't get through the whole thing. The story blows & the art is not too good. Sorry. frown.gif

The not reading thing again..... foreheadslap.gif

Nothing wrong with thinking Night Nurse sucks personally. If you hate the book, say you hate it. My problem was with Jediknight saying that only boneheaded people would want it. That is an insult to another's personal taste. Tell me what you think about a book, but don't put down my personal tastes.

My "evaluation" is not based on the story. I like the "sexy nurse" theme and the mildly exploitive elements. And the art looks halfway decent to me. My guess is that others also seeking out the books are not doing so just to read the story.

The not reading thing again..... foreheadslap.gif

It's the jab of last resort. If you can win an argument with Sid on merit, throw in the fact that you've read the comic in question and he hasn't. grin.gif

People collecting Night Nurse are collecting it for two reasons. Either they want it because it's rare (mostly) and/or they like the covers.

People collecting Night Nurse are collecting it for two reasons. Either they want it because it's rare (mostly) and/or they like the covers.

You can add in nostalga to your list...I read these as a kid and re-acquired copies when I got older. I didn't think they were awful as a kid...not great but good enough to get me to read the whole series...

I read it today as an adult and it does truly suck...but I can say that about a load of comics I liked as a kid...

Jim

I made my wife read one of the Night Nurse issues. She said it was not unlike the daytime drama soaps...

so in that sense I feel that the series was successful on those merits. Me: why the hell would I read that [embarrasing lack of self control]? 27_laughing.gif