• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's badder ? Conan or Tarzan ? Why ?
2 2

Who is badder ? Tarzan or Conan ? One word replies as to why you think so, will be funniest !!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is badder ? Tarzan or Conan ? One word replies as to why you think so, will be funniest !!

• Tarzan
    • Conan

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2017 at 01:36 PM

110 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

Easily Conan...he doesn't monkey around

So, what we have here is a hero who deals with the natural....... (Tarzan - created in 1912) and a hero who deals with the supernatural (Conan - created in 1932). 

Tarzan ruled in all catagories. Print, film, and cartoon comic strip up into  the 1970's when Marvel Comics put Conan the Barbarian back into the publics imagination with the first issue of the comic book. 

The power of the supernatural ideology, themes and situations propelled the character (and even..... Barry Smith..... into a supernaturally impacted career)......

and even the whole of the public, over time I think.....  to move away from the natural and towards the supernatural. 

People seem to be bored with the natural things now-a-days.  Everything has to be supernatural to be interesting. 

I don't know if this is a good thing or not  hm

12 minutes ago, Senormac said:

So, what we have here is a hero who deals with the natural....... (Tarzan - created in 1912) and a hero who deals with the supernatural (Conan - created in 1932). 

Tarzan ruled in all catagories. Print, film, and cartoon comic strip up into  the 1970's when Marvel Comics put Conan the Barbarian back into the publics imagination with the first issue of the comic book. 

The power of the supernatural ideology, themes and situations propelled the character (and even..... Barry Smith..... into a supernaturally impacted career)......

and even the whole of the public, over time I think.....  to move away from the natural and towards the supernatural. 

People seem to be bored with the natural things now-a-days.  Everything has to be supernatural to be interesting. 

I don't know if this is a good thing or not  hm

This point isn't interesting enough for me. It needs to be superinteresting! :baiting:

1 minute ago, Von Cichlid said:

I agree.  Usually the power of the image on his works hits you almost instantly.  On that one you really have to struggle to see what is going on.

the critter looks weird, Tarzan look like a old man, the muscles make no kind of sense...color palette is ugly....

9 hours ago, kav said:
9 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

I agree.  Usually the power of the image on his works hits you almost instantly.  On that one you really have to struggle to see what is going on.

the critter looks weird, Tarzan look like a old man, the muscles make no kind of sense...color palette is ugly....

I don't care for it much myself  :whistle:

Here's a couple I never saw before .  I think that second one is a Thompson :grin:

Tarzan-39.thumb.jpg.fb0a62c4058fc86b6ab269727721e77d.jpg

59bbd962d2a7c_tarzanwithgun.jpg.9c24b1bdef20a8723a611f9b79655064.jpg

9 hours ago, Senormac said:

Here's a couple I never saw before .  I think that second one is a Thompson :grin:

59bbd962d2a7c_tarzanwithgun.jpg.9c24b1bdef20a8723a611f9b79655064.jpg

I think it is.  

27114_20060128121551_large.jpg

Those are  very, very nice examples of Hogarth's Tarzan, but his figurework could be a bit stiff at times.

My favourite is Joe Kubert.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Those are  very, very nice examples of Hogarth's Tarzan, but his figurework could be a bit stiff at times.

Hogarth reminds me of Dave Stevens.  Very clean and precise. 

Kubert is awesome also.  Way more sloppy, sort of, but captures more Frazetta action

Edited by Senormac

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I find them both stiff.