• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Strange Adventures #180 Rare...

26 posts in this topic

yes, but those are 2 years ago. interest in animal man is now a more distant memory.

Animal Man's revival was in the early 90s.

Even earlier actually- 1988.

Either way, those were some great comics! Bolland covers and Morrison stories, before he went off the deep end.

In fact, thinking back, my favorite period of the Copper/Modern era had to be circa 1990. Gaiman's Sandman was still in the Doll's House cycle (I think), Morrison was in full stride with Animal Man and Doom Patrol, and Hellblazer was starting. cloud9.gif

yes, but those are 2 years ago. interest in animal man is now a more distant memory.

Either way, those were some great comics! Bolland covers and Morrison stories, before he went off the deep end.

In fact, thinking back, my favorite period of the Copper/Modern era had to be circa 1990. Gaiman's Sandman was still in the Doll's House cycle (I think), Morrison was in full stride with Animal Man and Doom Patrol, and Hellblazer was starting. cloud9.gif

yay.gif

yes, but those are 2 years ago. interest in animal man is now a more distant memory. but i agree, someone will pay a nice price for the grade and the fact that it once was a book people cared about. stuff that isn't in big supply always seems to become fashionable again.

Guess we`ll be able to see very soon if there`s any interest in Animal Man`s SA appearances currently. Strange Adventures #190 (CGC 9.4, 1st appearance in costume) and the PC copy of #195 (CGC 9.8, 1st full appearance) will be in Heritage`s August Signature Auction.

The Strange Adventures (like Showcase and B&B, MIS, etc) in HG were sucked up in 1989/90 , 180 is very htf in HG but likely that no better slabbed copies will surface until the investors die and their heirs consign them to HCA.

Don't forget those Wonder Woman apperances of Animal Man too, those were easy $60.00 in grade.

I was one of those collectors who searched in vain in the late 80s/early 90s for a HG copy of SA 180, and I never found one. That black cover made this book impossible to find in good shape, not to mention the fact that it had been ignored for so many years. BTW, I know the person who bought the PC copy of 180 and I have seen it up close...I tell you, it is a freak of nature, an absolutely perfect book. The buyer claims he wont sell for a couple of decades at least, and he's fairly young and in good health! (I guess we'll have to wait awhile until the 9.8 surfaces again).

yay.gif

Can I dance here too? yay.gif