• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who are some honest dealers on ebay and elsewhere for raw Silver Age & Bronze Age books?
4 4

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Phicks1 said:

Metropolis

soft pass.  They're ok, but in their highest grades they consistently overgrade.  In the middle-lower, its pretty ok.

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

What sort of books are you looking for?

High grade, mid grade, low grade?

I'm looking for VF-NM for Bronze and F-VF for Silver.  I would very much like to buy higher grades than that in CGC holders but I've come to two conclusions. 

1) I only prefer the new slabs (for their durability and presentation)

2) I can't stand the new slabs with the Newton rings' issue so until CGC gets its act together on that, I will not buy any slabbed comics unless on those limited occasions where I'm seeing them in hand.

And quite frankly, I think comics present much better outside the slab.  But of course if one is spending hundreds or thousands on a single comic, I don't want to risk buying raw comics with my limited skills in grading and judging restoration.

32 minutes ago, FSF said:

I'm looking for VF-NM for Bronze and F-VF for Silver.  I would very much like to buy higher grades than that in CGC holders but I've come to two conclusions. 

That's good to know.

Keep an eye out for my raw sales threads. You won't be disappointed. ;-)

<Yes, that was a shameless plug>

1 hour ago, revat said:
2 hours ago, Phicks1 said:

Metropolis

soft pass.  They're ok, but in their highest grades they consistently overgrade.  In the middle-lower, its pretty ok.

Just look at their auctions on eBay - I have bought a few items from them on eBay, but you really have to look at scans, and ultimately pay through the nose.

28 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

That's good to know.

Keep an eye out for my raw sales threads. You won't be disappointed. ;-)

<Yes, that was a shameless plug>

When are you running a new one?  seems like it has been over a year. 

Roy is top notch.

1 hour ago, FSF said:

I'm looking for VF-NM for Bronze and F-VF for Silver.

I really think your best bet for eBay may be comics4less 

There are also plenty of great sellers right here who grade and price reasonably.

27 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

When are you running a new one?  seems like it has been over a year. 

No idea. Whenever I get a chance to sit down. Con season is drawing to a close.

2 hours ago, FSF said:

Thanks for the responses, everyone.  I was going to ask about many of the names cited here but this is much more efficient.

Raw high grade books  most mentioned here are great. I think WW comics and High-grade comics are at the top of the list for grading.