• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Day - Bolland Dredd Cover!
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I finally have a Bolland piece and it's a Dredd Cover!  This is to issue 30 and it is undoubtedly the 30th best Bolland Dredd Cover from the first 30 issues of Eagle's Dredd (and Bolland didn't do all the covers!) Not sure if it ranks any higher though...

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Regards,

Malvin

Edited by malvin

That cover has always given me the heebie-jeebies - it makes my skin crawl just looking at it.  Which I suppose is a testament to Bolland's artistry, but, man...not one that I would ever want to own! :eek: 

So...congrats? ??? 

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

That cover has always given me the heebie-jeebies - it makes my skin crawl just looking at it.  Which I suppose is a testament to Bolland's artistry, but, man...not one that I would ever want to own! :eek: 

So...congrats? ??? 

I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel that way!  

Outstanding art, but... ick!

"Do I contradict myself?  Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."
-Walt Whitman

heh, thanks all for the thoughts.  Normally I would say thanks for the kind words but that doesn't seem to be the case here :p

It's certainly not my first choice for a Bolland Dredd Cover (or 2nd.. or 3rd... etc) but as Gene said, it represents his artistry well so that's something!

I must say now that I own it, the charm is growing on me (hopefully it's not mold)

Malvin

Edited by malvin

40 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I like the rendering.   Yeah the content could be better but it is a lot better than the Bolland I don't have

35 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Yep. I wish I had a Bolland.

I am sure Malvin is open to reasonable offers.....