• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Thanks! Junk Sale! More of the usual old comics and stuff!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Fighting Marines #15 (#1) Aug 1951 St. John Pubs.

First issue of this cool title. Although, it has no Canteen Kate, instead it has a killer Leatherneck Jack story with a just top Baker girl art splash. Lots of "gals" and "gooks"!  Larger "tall" issue.

Bright, clean and complete. Has a small 3/8" x 1" lower piece off right corner of cover. Top staple is neatly popped but bottom is still attached although fragile. Numerous small wrinkles and bends as well as tiny edge tears. Slight bend at top of book. Centerfold well attached. Interior paper is off white to yellow but nice.

Was $60.   Now $50.

fightingmarines15a.jpg

fightingmarines15b.jpg

fightingmarines15c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Action Comics #225 Feb 1957 DC Pubs

"The Death of Superman" (first one???)

Bright, popping yellow cover. Complete with still some nice gloss. 1/4" lower spine split. Corners and spine show some light wear. 2-1/4" upper right light crease that does not break color. Back cover has a small edge crease. No pieces missing or other tears or creases worth mentioning. Book and centerfold still pretty well attached to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed.

Was $60.  Now $45. (I don't like Superman...)

action1.jpg

action2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Fight #52 Oct 1947 Friction House Pubs

One of the best bondage covers in the run! Lush, green jungle. Very pretty cover. Packed with Baker, Kamen good girl art.

This book has some water damage. Mostly evident on back cover and staples. A bit of a "musty" smell. Cover and centerfold are attached to book. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Interior paper is Lightly tanned but very supple and is easy to thumb through to read. Looks real nice in a mylar!

$45.

fight1.jpg

fight2.jpg

Abbott and Costello #10 Aug 1950 St. John Pubs

Great issue with lots of good girl art. Has a great "Son of Sinbad" story by Joe Kubert (different from the one shot issue). Another large "tall" St. John issue.

Bright, clean, tight, glossy complete copy. Several VERY tiny edge and upper spine tears. Looks like it might be very slightly faded in upper right corner of cover. Bound a little off as is typical with St. Johns so that a small, even amount of white shows on spine. Upper corner at spine has a very small bend. No pieces missing, creases or major tears. Book and centerfold bound snug to covers. Pages just very slightly yellowed.

Was $65.   Now $55. This is a cool book gang!

abbottcostello1.jpg

abbottcostello2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

OK, here's a RARE one!

Giant Comics Editions #6 1949 St. John Pubs.

Fat 132 page square bound issue. Matt Baker cover + interior stories. Great contents for a western. Full of violence and hot dames.

Complete with nice supple paper. A few small edge pieces off. Numerous small edge and spine tears. Small piece off front cover just below the price. Has full, tight paper spine. Lots of general wear but a pretty solid copy. Interior is nice. Any real damage can be seen in the photos. Took me YEARS to find a better one and I paid through the nose for it. Buy this copy and then YOU can wait years to upgrade!

$175.

westerngiant1.jpg

westerngiant2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

3 hours ago, Point Five said:
On 9/25/2017 at 6:10 PM, Robot Man said:

Oh, a rant about pricing... I KNOW these are beater readers, they are priced accordingly. I really make very little on most of these. They are also getting very hard to come up out in the "wild". I'd rather just price them fair and be done with it. I have gotton an unusual amount of insane lowballers this round. I mean is 20% a fair offer???

Wow. It looks like your recent offerings are mostly $25 and $30 books. So you've been getting offers of... $5 and $6? hm  That is actually kind of awesome.  lol

Is comicnut back? :D

Edited by lizards2
greggy is a stainer

OK, did some price drops about as best as I can go on these rare beaters! I will keep this up today and send out invoices tonight. If you pay by Friday, I will get your books in the mail on Sat. otherwise, it might take me a few days as I'm traveling on Sunday.

Thanks to all who have ordered, lurked or even given me a hard time. Love this place!

Robot Man over and out!