• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Thanks! Junk Sale! More of the usual old comics and stuff!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Mysteries Weird and Strange #10 Nov 1954 Superior Pubs (Canada)

These Superiors are great and very strange. This one has a severed hand cover and story with some Bakerish art. Some real nice good girl art all leggy and a nighty.

Decent copy for these cheap Superiors. Cover looks like it might have some glue inside spine as it does dot open quite flat. Light spine wear and numerous tiny edge tears on covers. Some light spine stress lines and a few minor creases. Centerfold well attached. Yellow but supple interior paper.

$40.

mysteries1.jpg

mysteries2.jpg

:takeit: 

Laugh Comics #55 Feb 1953 Archie Pubs

Bright, complete copy. Has quite a bit of spine wear. Bottom staple is neatly popped. Lots of light wrinkles and a few small creases. No pieces missing, major tears or creases. Cover and centerfold are loose at bottom staple only. Off white, supple paper.

$25.

laugh55a.jpg

laugh55b.jpg

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Diary Secrets #24 July 1954 St. John Pubs

Great Matt Baker girl fight cover! Baker at his peak.

Bright, clean and complete. Has a small piece off bottom of cover about 1/2" x 2". Nothing that defaces the great art here. Has a few light long, thin cover creases. Upper right corner tip of spine is slightly discolored. Back cover has a small 1/2" tear at top. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white to white and supple. Great colors on this copy.

$160.

diarysecrets1.jpg

diarysecrets2.jpg

Take it

Wow, that was weird, please disreguard that comic book behind the curtain...

Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds #6 Dec 1957 Charlton Pubs

Cool all Ditko issue cover to cover.

Weird problem with the bright, complete copy. It has a spine split in center of spine. Top and bottom are OK. Cover and centerfold are neatly detached at bottom staple. Cover is still hanging in at the top. Small tear in back cover at spine. Small, dog eared lower right corner. Small, light waterstain at bottom left corner all the way through to back cover. A few small edge tears and creases. Off white paper

Was $30.   Now $25.

mysteriousworlds1.jpg

mysteriousworlds2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Archie's Pals and Gals #12 Spring 1960 Archie Pubs.

Not a bad copy. Bright, glossy and complete. Some minor edge wear and a tiny upper spine split.Full paper spine that is tight and snugly attached. No pieces missing, no tears or creases to really speak of. Small name at bottom of book. Cover is tight to book. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but nice with no damage.

Was $30.   Now $25.

archiepalsgals12a.jpg

archiepalsgals12b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Witches Tales #27 Oct 1954 Harvey Pubs

Mummies, GGA, burned alive and other mayhem for the kiddies of the 1950's to read!

Complete, bright copy. There are multiple folds, creases and wrinkles to front cover. Numerous tiny edge tears front and back. Small tear at top staple. Cover is still attached to book. Centerfold is snug. Very glossy and bright. Interior paper is slightly yellowed and supple with no damage or anything missing. Real decent reader until you want to pay up for a nice one.

$25.

witchestales1.jpg

witchestales2.jpg

Well kids, that apears to be it for this round. Hope I have made your evening a little more fun. I might go out into the catacombs and dig out a few more for tomorrow and I might not... See how it goes. If you think you are done and want an invoice please let me know. If you want to wait until Wednesday to see if I have some more that's OK too. I will send invoices out no later than that if I don't fell like diging up some more.

As always, always fun. and I appreciate you're looking and buying from these junk threads!

Oh, a rant about pricing... I KNOW these are beater readers, they are priced accordingly. I really make very little on most of these. They are also getting very hard to come up out in the "wild". I'd rather just price them fair and be done with it. I have gotton an unusual amount of insane lowballers this round. I mean is 20% a fair offer??? If you really feel my prices are too high PM me with a reasonable offer. I won't bite and maybe I'll take you up on it. Sorry to rant but this has been off the hook!

Happy trails kiddies!

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Laugh Comics #46 Aug 1951 Archie Pubs

A pretty nice, flat, clean, bright complete copy. Has a long thin "subscription" crease down center as well as a few more minor corner creases. Tiny edge tear in center right side of cover. No pieces missing or other major tears.  Small name in ink at top of book. Average general wear. Cover and centerfold bound well to book. Nice, off white pages.

$45.

laugh46a.jpg

laugh46b.jpg

take

21 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Oh, a rant about pricing... I KNOW these are beater readers, they are priced accordingly. I really make very little on most of these. They are also getting very hard to come up out in the "wild". I'd rather just price them fair and be done with it. I have gotton an unusual amount of insane lowballers this round. I mean is 20% a fair offer???

Wow. It looks like your recent offerings are mostly $25 and $30 books. So you've been getting offers of... $5 and $6? hm  That is actually kind of awesome.  lol

Blackhawk #109 Feb 1957 DC Pubs.

Second DC issue. Cool war wheel cover.

A flat, nice complee copy. Has some light dirt/stains on front cover. Bottom right corner has a small 1" corner crease. 1/8" lower spine split. Has a neat 1" edge tear in middle back cover. Cover and centerfold bound tight to book. Interior paper is a little yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

Was $25.   Now $20. Cheap!

blackhawk1.jpg

blackhawk2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Robin Hood Tales #5 Oct 1956 Quality Pubs.

Matt Baker art

A real nice, clean, flat, bright, glossy complete copy. A couple small spine bends. Lower right corner of cover has a thin 2-1/2" crease. A thin scratch on black rock. No pieces missing, tears or other creases. Just light wear. Cover and centerfold bound snug to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed with no tears or creases. Very nice copy.

Was $35.   Now $30.

robinhood1.jpg

robinhood2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Georgie #28 Dec 1950 Marvel Pubs

Awsome Teacher cover. One of the best Georgie covers in my opinion. GGA inside as well

Bright, clean and complete. Staples are popped and cover is neatly detached from book. Has a small 1/2" x 1" piece out of right side of cover in blue background. A couple tiny top corner chips. A couple spine tears, a light water stain lower part of book and a slight spine roll. Centerfold is neatly detached with no tears or ragged edges. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Looks pretty nice in the bag. Buy this one cheap while you can. My upgrade cost me plenty...

$45.

georgie1.jpg

georgie2.jpg