• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tooting my own horn
3 3

64 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I grew up in Houston and worked in a shop here from 1978 to 1981. I was managing a store in Albuquerque in 1988 and 1989. I opened Bedrock City in March of 1990.

Did you work for Camelot, by any chance?  I applied for a job there by mail. It just seemed like the koolest place in the world to work.  The owner told me to apply in person. I went to the Sugar Bowl that year and considered renting a car to drive there but spent the days getting hung over instead

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Did you work for Camelot, by any chance?  I applied for a job there by mail. It just seemed like the koolest place in the world to work.  The owner told me to apply in person. I went to the Sugar Bowl that year and considered renting a car to drive there but spent the days getting hung over instead

He did, I believe. 

3 hours ago, shadroch said:

I sure did. Greatest comic store ever as far as my biased peabrain is concerned. Started working there at fifteen and only stopped when I went to college in Austin. How cool would it have been if you had made that drive?

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I grew up in Houston and worked in a shop here from 1978 to 1981. I was managing a store in Albuquerque in 1988 and 1989. I opened Bedrock City in March of 1990.

You mean you paid some dues and understood how the business actually worked before trying to start your own? :whatthe: 

This explains a lot.