• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Aero run

65 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2017 at 11:10 AM, walclark said:

Since I'm a WWII cover guy, I haven't made a run at the last two sci-fi issues.

On 10/6/2017 at 12:46 PM, vaultkeeper said:

Great run! Congrats.

To complete the thread, here are the last two:

capt aero 25.jpg

ca 26.jpg

Never realized that Captain Flight was a si-fi cover as I always thought it was just another WW II cover.  doh!

Guess I never really took a close look at it and definitely not in the same league as the more stylistic and classic si-fi triumvirate of Captain Aero 26, Captain Flight 11, and Contact Comics 12.  :luhv:

On 10/6/2017 at 7:04 PM, ThothAmon said:
On 10/6/2017 at 11:28 AM, walclark said:

capaero24.jpg.b89ae034a6305e902025648b505256fd.jpg

Congratulations. All great, but this one's my favorite. Thanks for sharing. 

4 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

That's a great cover!

+2

Reminds me very much of the highly acclaimed and much sought after classic GI Combat 87 washtone cover done by Heath some 15 years later.  :cloud9:

58 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Needless to say, there's absolutely no better way to start off a run than with the Edgar Church copy of a book.  (thumbsu  :cloud9:

I know what you mean.  If you're going to start showing a run, you could do worse than leading with a 9.6 Church #1.

I think the first comic in the run that I acquired was #6.  Woman walked into the LCS 30 years ago with a small stack of GA comics that she found in her closet when she was cleaning.  Maybe a dozen books, not a monumental find, but I snagged the Captain Aero and a Catman #10.  Don't think there was much else that caught my eye.  Later, I added the Church #1 and was off to the races.