• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charles Schultz Home Burns Down

10 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

It's an incredible tragedy.  Over the last hour the air quality in SF just dramatically took a nose dive.  I don't want to know what caused it. 

The loss of structures and other things insurance can replace is no loss at all.  But, the loss of a family's photos, the stuff that holds special associations like Schultz's art desk, those things can never be replaced.  It is absolute tragic for those families.  And there are thousands of them in NorCal right now.

The loss of the cultural treasures, like whatever original art was in the Schultz home and the home of his son, is a loss we all suffer.  Tragic also, but in a different way.

Terrible.

25 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

It's an incredible tragedy.  Over the last hour the air quality in SF just dramatically took a nose dive.  I don't want to know what caused it. 

The loss of structures and other things insurance can replace is no loss at all.  But, the loss of a family's photos, the stuff that holds special associations like Schultz's art desk, those things can never be replaced.  It is absolute tragic for those families.  And there are thousands of them in NorCal right now.

The loss of the cultural treasures, like whatever original art was in the Schultz home and the home of his son, is a loss we all suffer.  Tragic also, but in a different way.

Terrible.

Im heartbroken over this too.

Here in Marin the air is TERRIBLE right now, and in San Rafael the last hour has been much worse - So much smoke I thought there was a fire right here in town.

this whole thing is just a nightmare, but hearing things like the Schultz house just makes it hit home even harder.  So many people losing everything. 

Edited by TylerHam

That's a tragic happening for the cartooning world :( 

Schultz touched 50 years of readers.  I'm sad to hear this.  I hope his museum survives

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

That's a tragic happening for the cartooning world :( 

Schultz touched 50 years of readers.  I'm sad to hear this.  I hope his museum survives

Latest Facebook post regarding the museum:

" The Museum is safe, but still without power, so we will be closed again today. Our hearts and thoughts are with our community! Please stay safe! "

6 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Terrible.

I am in Rohnert park was real close to me but never got to me but 5 miles away its bad. Smoke real bad today.