• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Golden Age Scarcities & Oddities; Silver & Bronze too; Freebies!
2 2

181 posts in this topic

Okay gang, further price cuts were just completed, and some books saw their first price cuts. (All those $10 silver age Archies went to $5). That's all I'm posting to this thread, and I'll be closing it tomorrow night. PM's remain encouraged 'til the very end; I'm viewing a small stack of GA next Thursday and rumor has it there may be a Green Hornet #1 in there! Therefore, I am motivated to move what is here.

Thank you very much to all buyers, lookers and threadkrappers thus far; please keep it up thru the closing tomorrow night (thumbsu

Because I've posted a lot of fun, inexpensive stuff over the past two nights, I want to remind all you big-game hunters out there that these four books are inexplicably still available, early in the thread. Prices have been slashed again; see the second post for recap, or their individual postings:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:44 PM, Readcomix said:

Let's start with Wonder Woman #52 in VG/F. Irwin Hasen cover, HG Peter inside, Robert Kanigher story. Just 18 the census. That lower left corner of the front cover is color abrasion, not a missing piece. (See shot with inside front cover/splash) (WAS $225) NOW $175

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:52 PM, Readcomix said:

Next up is a lower grade copy of a scarce and hot book, just 15 on the census. Blue Bolt Weird Tales #116, presenting well in the Good 2.5 range. LB Cole, Jay Disbrow art inside. Appears lower right of cover was scrunched up at one point; note also shot of inside front cover for tape repair. Much of that whiteness is not tape but bright paper where the cover was bunched up for some time, apparently. All the Blue Bolt Weird Tales are tough to find and heating up of late.

(WAS $125) NOW $90

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:49 AM, Readcomix said:

From 1937, from K.K. Publishing/Western Publishing, this is vol 3 #2 of Mickey Mouse Magazine, which later became Walt Disney's Comics and Stories. Looks for all the world like a Fine from the front cover but I will call it VG + due to the centerfold being detached at the bottom of its three staples. Also, the crossword is lightly filled in with pencil, and the staple exteriors show slight rust (staples still look good inside; see centerfold pic).

Classic Big, Bad Wolf Halloween cover. (Slightly taller than a Bronze Age Marvel mag, FYI. Yes, they do get slabbed.)

To find a nicer copy, you're heading to Heritage and paying more, as I found to price it.

(WAS $125) NOW $90

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit:

To all the buyers in this thread, there remain a pair of godawful condition but very tough to find freebie readers in this thread, Danger #5 and New Romances #6, so please grab yourself a reader. Also, if you read and release, these make great gateway drugs to the Golden Age for your Silver Age-only friends(thumbsu

I will also take this opportunity to harangue my fellow boardies about leaving a Love Tales #50 out there....Bill Everett hair-pulling cat fight anyone???

Just a last call heads-up as I plan to close this thread tonight at 11 p.m.

PM's welcome; if I fall asleep I will clean up messages and posts in the early a.m. Before a long day (Strong possibility -- busy front-loaded week work wise and personal). 

Thanks again to all buyers and lookers, and to the Threadkrap Mafia: Liz, Porcupine48, Patriot6 & CliffR (thumbsu This thread has been a lot of fun; thanks especially to first-time buyers for participating in what I have come to call the read and release portion of my personal collecting journey.

There is still a Love Tales #50 sitting in this thread...:whistle: