• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about a trade. What sayeth you?
1 1

47 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Would anyone trade a 1.0 Cap 1 Blue for a coverless AC 1 or Tec 27 ?

Heck yeah!  Assuming the coverless Action 1 or Tec 27 aren't total rags. 

..... I would do it only to sell the AC 1 or Tec 27 and then take the funds to buy a 2.5 Cap 1............. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On ‎2017‎/‎10‎/‎21 at 9:17 AM, Randall Ries said:

you need to search for completed sales, not listed auctions where sellers ask for whatever price they want.

Completed sales.

There is only one CGC 9.4 blue label and it sold for best offer accepted. Less than $6600

GPA last sale of a CGC 9.4 was reported to be $5378.

FYI: keep the much harder to find high grade golden age book. Hulk 181's are out there by the thousands. Try finding another 8.5 copy of the GA book.

If the GA book has no meaning to you as an owner then do the trade and eventually that Supes book ends up in the hands of a collector that values it more than a Hulk 181. :)

Edited by Artboy99

On 10/28/2017 at 1:07 PM, Artboy99 said:

you need to search for completed sales, not listed auctions where sellers ask for whatever price they want.

Completed sales.

There is only one CGC 9.4 blue label and it sold for best offer accepted. Less than $6600

GPA last sale of a CGC 9.4 was reported to be $5378.

FYI: keep the much harder to find high grade golden age book. Hulk 181's are out there by the thousands. Try finding another 8.5 copy of the GA book.

If the GA book has no meaning to you as an owner then do the trade and eventually that Supes book ends up in the hands of a collector that values it more than a Hulk 181. :)

My point was that eBay seems to be driving the prices on these IH 181's. Was trying to illustrate some of the prices being asked for this book. I didn't do the trade. Good points made between Gold v Bronze. It's why I posited the question in both forums. I'll find a different way to buy a copy. As you say: Thousands.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

My point was that eBay seems to be driving the prices on these IH 181's. Was trying to illustrate some of the prices being asked for this book. I didn't do the trade. Good points made between Gold v Bronze. It's why I posited the question in both forums. I'll find a different way to buy a copy. As you say: Thousands.

(thumbsu

8 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

(thumbsu

Yep. The Supes book has a cover that's really subtle plus there are a lot of "firsts" on it. First Clark cover, first Lois cover in title etc. It isn't an action cover, no. But it sums up the GA Superman mythos entirely. There are only three total books that out grade this one. I'm just having a hard time pinning an actual value to it. The IH 181 eBay pricings are IMO way out of line. Maybe I'm just saying that because I don't want to lay out cash for one. I think actual rarity should figure into value and not just bandwagon mentality.  But again, that's probably the Scrooge in me talking. Stan Lee even said once to chase the GA books for value both intrinsic and monetary value. I thought about the trade but briefly. Something about it didn't feel right. Had to get past the knee jerk of wanting an IH 181.