• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellow label with a COA? Hmm.

7 posts in this topic

I've been racking my brain around how a book I just bought got a yellow label. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all but just trying to put the picture together. 

I purchased Spider-Gwen #24, J Scott Campbell Cover C, CGC 9.8 on eBay. Label is yellow with the standard Campbell sig and another one from Sabine Rich. The book is even being shipped with the original COA for the Campbell signature. Now being that COA is included this tells me the book was a pre-signed order. And when it comes to CGC slabbing they don't provide yellow labels for COA books as we know. No witness, no yellow label. Yet the book does has a yellow label with 10/06/17 as the date for the signature which is days before the books were up for sale online on his site. I assume around the same time he probably signed all the copies that were up for sale.

Should I assume CGC witnessed a handful of these at the time he signed all the books? Just wondering how this may have been possible.  

JSC Pre-signed books at his booth at cons are eligible for yellow label if the purchaser brings a CGC witness with them when they buy the book from the booth. I believe the person who works with JSC is a witness for CGC so when he pre-signs the books at the warehouse they are being witnessed. 

That is from my understanding.

I can see it being possible that this book was witnessed at a con after them being available for order online. But I guess what's thrown me off is that COA is being included with a CGC yellow label book. 

On 10/26/2017 at 6:26 PM, Lundon44 said:

I can see it being possible that this book was witnessed at a con after them being available for order online. But I guess what's thrown me off is that COA is being included with a CGC yellow label book. 

JSC's people include a COA with every JSC-signed book - it has nothing to do with CGC nor with the book getting a yellow label.

2 hours ago, mschmidt said:

JSC's people include a COA with every JSC-signed book - it has nothing to do with CGC nor with the book getting a yellow label.

While the spirit of what you say rings true, I've ordered off of jsc website certain signed comics that didn't come with a coa.... it was in the description when I bought his X-Men 92 #1 psylocke covers that it wouldn't come with a coa....

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

While the spirit of what you say rings true, I've ordered off of jsc website certain signed comics that didn't come with a coa.... it was in the description when I bought his X-Men 92 #1 psylocke covers that it wouldn't come with a coa....

The COA thing with every book is "relatively" new for the con circuit as he's become more popular. Now I pull the COA's out of the bags when I sub them and keep them with slab when I get it back. 

It's a pretty straightforward process: the books are in the artists possession until someone picks them up with with a CGC witness present. You can't buy the book and walk over to CGC and get a yellow label, not going to happen unless you're a facilitator or witness.