• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old order found stuffed in OSPG #8

17 posts in this topic

These comics were bought back in late 70's. I wish I would have written down the dealer, because these comics were all beautiful. Check these prices and tell me, should I have bought more? tonofbricks.gif

Glad I at least placed this order. They were all in stock, he didn't have to send any of the alternates listed on the back. foreheadslap.gif

828477-list.jpg

828477-list.jpg.3b885f3127491a618d29b9b80e4f5a32.jpg

Whats on the alternate list?

Yup $1 for Marvel Spotlight #5 I'd scan it but CGC's got it along with these

Marvel Spotlight v1 5

Marvel Spotlight v1 6

Marvel Spotlight v1 7

Marvel Spotlight v1 8

Marvel Spotlight v1 9

Marvel Spotlight v1 10

Marvel Spotlight v1 11

Ghost Rider v1 1

Ghost Rider v1 2

Ghost Rider v1 3

Ghost Rider v1 4

Ghost Rider v1 5

Ghost Rider v1 7

Captain America 100

Captain Marvel 1

Iron Man 1

Iron Man & Sub-Mariner 1

Hulk 102

Amazing Spiderman 28

Amazing Spiderman 45

Amazing Spiderman 48

Amazing Spiderman 55

Captain America 101

Strange Tales DS 169

Hulk 103

Hulk 104

Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3

Fantastic Four 34

Nic Fury AOS 1

Star Trek GK 3

Tales To Astonish 59

Tales To Astonish 60

Thor 126

X-Men 94

X-Men 95

X-Men 96

X-Men 97

X-Men 98

X-Men 99

X-Men 100

X-Men 101

X-Men 102

X-Men 103

X-Men 124

X-Men 125

X-Men 126

X-Men 127

X-Men 136

X-Men 137

X-Men 138

X-Men 139

X-Men 140

X-Men 141

X-Men 142

X-Men 143

X-Men 144

X-Men 145

X-Men 146

X-Men 147

X-Men 148

X-Men 149

X-Men 150

Amazing Spiderman 298

That brings back so many memories-both good and bad.

When I'd get some orders thru the mail,opening the envelope was a crapshoot. Some people seemed to fill out their orders in crayon,and of course never include their address on the sheet where they put their wantlist.After all,they had already put their address on the envelope so why put it down again.

Or send lists that weren't in any order and didn't have a price listed because,after all, a dealer should know which ad this is in response to.

Or get a letter written in french,korean or early ebonics.

How about this one.

Its around 1978,I take out a small ad in CBg and advertise a number of books for what was then slightly below market value. I put in the ad that while I do have duplicates of some books,most books are one of a kind.I get a letter with no return address,no lists and a twenty dollar bill with"FOR YOUR SPIDEY BOOKS"

written in marker upn the bill itself.

Never sent anything out,(how could I?) never heard from the sender again. somewhere out there is someone who most likely thinks all dealers are scum because I ripped him off.

CBG was the best market place for people that lived in obscure areas. I once placed an ad in it requesting X-Men #'s GS1, 94 thru 118 and #52 thru 66 all for a total of $175 (a lot of money then) I got several responses. One guy shipped the whole lot with no money up front subject to my approval. I took them all. Sent him a check for the total and had no mad money for quite some time. The GS1 came back 9.2 some are still at CGC the others came back between 9.4 and 8.0/ Pretty good investment. thumbsup2.gif

The Buyers Guide to Comic Fandom is one of the most under-rated developments in developing both the back issue and direct markets.

A back-issue convention in every issue,historic articles and just more information than you'd have thought possible.Delivered to your mailbox twice a month.