• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would you do if you found the mile high collection 10 years ago?

202 posts in this topic

I wasn't trying to show he was a liar.I was trying to show that he was the sort of person that knowingly bought stolen property,knowingly helped someone hide assets from legitimate creditors and to dispose of them,and knowingly engaged an innocent third party(the trucking company) to transport the stolen merchandise across state lines.Both admitting to, and bragging about it goes even further to show the type of person he was.Somehow,you seem to think that because he admits it,it's okay.I never claimed he was a liar. I said if he had made those statements under oath he'd be in a lot of trouble. As an attorney,how many felonies and violations would you guess he committed in "buying" this collection? Had the union and the creditors known these "facts"back then,what might have happened? I don't know what the penalty for recieving several million dollars of stolen merchandise with intent to distribute it was in NY in 1986, but I'd imagine it was more than a slap on the wrist.It all goes to character.Either you belive him and recognize that he's a shady businessman or disbielve him,which brings us full circle to me questioning his calling the churchs racists.

I wasn't trying to show he was a liar.I was trying to show that he was the sort of person that knowingly bought stolen property,knowingly helped someone hide assets from legitimate creditors and to dispose of them,and knowingly engaged an innocent third party(the trucking company) to transport the stolen merchandise across state lines.Both admitting to, and bragging about it goes even further to show the type of person he was.Somehow,you seem to think that because he admits it,it's okay.I never claimed he was a liar. I said if he had made those statements under oath he'd be in a lot of trouble. As an attorney,how many felonies and violations would you guess he committed in "buying" this collection? Had the union and the creditors known these "facts"back then,what might have happened? I don't know what the penalty for recieving several million dollars of stolen merchandise with intent to distribute it was in NY in 1986, but I'd imagine it was more than a slap on the wrist.It all goes to character.Either you belive him and recognize that he's a shady businessman or disbielve him,which brings us full circle to me questioning his calling the churchs racists.

makepoint.gif